Commercial beer tastings...

Wazza_wantsbeer

Hey all, been a craft beer wanker for way, way too many years.

Post NSW lockdown, caught up with a great mate who I haven't seen for 18 weeks, way too many beers.

The idea is when we catch up, we bring different craft beers, the rarer and the better is demanded. We then taste all the various beers as long as we can.

This is the past Friday night's tasting lineup.

20211113_095832.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Wazza_wantsbeer said:

Post NSW lockdown, caught up with a great mate who I haven't seen for 18 weeks, way too many beers.

The idea is when we catch up, we bring different craft beers, the rarer and the better is demanded. We then taste all the various beers as long as we can.

20211113_095832.jpg

Nice selection.

I was at Big Shed this afternoon and had their "Number of the Yeast 666" Belgian IPA and Boozy Fruit (in your photo) which is an all time favourite.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Hambone said:

This one is a special release by Black Hops to First Choice and other Coles owned outlets. It is bloody amazing. Not cheap, but fantastic balance and very tropical hop forward flavours. Get on it if you can.

Cheers 

20220212_163315.jpg

Screenshot_20220212-163211_Brave.jpg

Love a West Coast IPA and do like their beers ... almost wish I didn't.

Will have to give this a try. Thanks mate.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

28CD907F-261B-482B-BAC7-A475F2D45DDD.thumb.jpeg.47e575953d21bc2044e93f0ebfd6156a.jpeg

Some Dainton Juicetice Squad Juicy IPA at Hop Shop in Frankston, Melbourne.

I reckon @Wazza_wantsbeerwould like this one.

Looks good, love the colour. Haven't seen the Juicetice Squad Juicy IPA before, will keep an eye out for it. Cool can.

I do enjoy Dainton beers, been there a few times as it was within walking distance from a great mate who lives in Melbourne and I visit him often.

Going to BWS, Dainton Jungle Juice and their Orange Rye NEIPA are staples.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If you get a chance try Rocky Ridge Nightman or its sister beer Dayman. They are basically the same beer with different hops and are both absolutely delicious! Even my beer hating sister liked it!

When I asked Rocky Ridge they sent me the recipe - watch this space...

images(1).jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 18/3/2022 at 5:01 PM, Dustin Frothman said:

E2C40D35-D5FE-4263-B716-82BD5007E40A.thumb.jpeg.e591ab7e9da0f41c9a7976c9ac4741ef.jpeg

3 beers on tap at home … not enough for the boss it would seem 🙄 … so a quick beer at one of the locals before dinner.

One for @Wazza_wantsbeer … Nordic Hazy IPA, one of Shapeshifter’s first from back when they were gypsy brewing at Big Shed. I think still it’s one their best.

that’s got more body than an opera singer!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 14/11/2021 at 7:04 PM, Wazza_wantsbeer said:

20211113_095832.jpg

really great selection….

now if you’ve not heard of Mr. Banks you’ll need to try their “simcoe feels, strata feels, “ etc.  DDH Oat Cream Ales with single hop genius

and of course…. You mustn’t miss out on Garage Projects “Double F- you, 2021”  … simply sublime and inspiration in a can….

• Upvote 1

On 14/11/2021 at 7:04 PM, Wazza_wantsbeer said:

20211113_095832.jpg

surely you’re on “UNTappd” the craft beer “wanker” app?  quite the next level discourse around craft beers…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

I got a Beer Cartel Mixed 24 pack of clearance beers for myself for Easter, so I might have a few to post here over the next while

As soon as I unpacked them I saw the Czech 1-2 and thought of @Rob Courtney

Supposedly its a Bohemian Style Pilsner with "100% Saaz LupoMAX® Enriched Hop Pellets" which I think is like some proprietary Cryo hops or something.

Anyway, it's tasty. Beautiful head, nice texture, clear flavour and a bit more bitter than I expected (must be those special hops). I need to order a Bohemian Lager in the next batch 

Snapchat-959619020.thumb.jpg.e8afba419cabf7b68d21e601a57d651d.jpg

I've also had a Balter Easy Hazy (the orange one) from the pack, which smelt great and tasted like nothing, so I can see why they were in the Clearance box...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

2B8AF6BD-A9AB-47D0-8AF5-9A6D3F8046AE.thumb.jpeg.c1cf74550603c6c1b656a0a0ff54af7b.jpeg

It would appear they’ve lowered the bar (literally) and we’re now doing plastic cups. 

😑

Plastic cups?

Guessing hamburger patty (frozen variety) between two slices of Sunblest bread is on the menu?

Edited by Rob Courtney
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...