What this Forum is

Captain 3 Droids

I personally think this forum is quite exceptional.

Lets face it, the BrewArt recipes on all accounts are just great, really no need for comment other than great etc etc.

However have a think about this forum, a number of continually active members, others that input info/question which positively generates topic/discussions.

The discussions regarding  dry hopping, yeast, experimentation and everything else is just great tribute to what brewing is about.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Lets face it, the BrewArt recipes on all accounts are just great, really no need for comment other than great etc etc.

However have a think about this forum, a number of continually active members, others that input info/question which positively generates topic/discussions.

The discussions regarding  dry hopping, yeast, experimentation and everything else is just great tribute to what brewing is about.

A well timed comment, thanks Captain. And of course most of this is due to your tireless work in resurrecting the momentum here over the last couple of years.

This is a great place made all the better by those who choose to interact here. The enthusiasm for the product and the brewing hobby is what keeps me and will keep me coming back even as I dive deeper into over complicating what can be a very simple process! 😬

It's been really nice to see all the new members of late and I hope they hang about and keep contributing.

🍻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Oh and I also miss @Rob Courtney's late night post 6 bottles of lager contributions and subsequent hungover breakfast photos.

Please get back into these quick smart thanks mate. 👊

Just going to say that the most benevolent, most caring person on this planet is Drunk Rob. Usually drunk people are a bit selfish but drunk Rob isn't, he knows he is part of a two man team, there is Drunk Rob and Hungover Rob.

Drunk Rob knows he rocks, he is the life of the party, he is funny, men want to be him, women want to be his wife but drunk Rob knows he is nothing without the man who picks up the pieces, Hungover Rob and Drunk Rob makes sure he is well looked after.

Many, many a time Hungover Rob has woken up to find a couple of panadol and a glass full of electrolytes on the bedside table...who puts that there...that's right, his old pal, Drunk Rob. Of course if that was all Drunk Rob did, you might say "well he isn't a total bastard" but it isn't.

Tonight Drunk Rob has stuck a chunky steak pie and a glass bottle of coke in the fridge, as well as buying hungover Rob some bagels and bacon because...he knows Hungover Rob has to play cricket.

Oter times, Hungover Rob has looked in the fridge to find double cheeseburgers waiting to be zapped that Drunk Rob, through boyish charm, has convinced Mrs C to take him through a drive through at 11 or 12pm at night to get a midnight snack for himself but a nice "pick me up" for Hungover Rob the next day.

Man amongst men is Drunk Rob

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

There is a lot of educational posts on this forum and sometimes from people you don't expect and those you would expect to know, are as enamoured as me reading the advice.

I think this is a forum where people can land after taking a big leap ( which is purchasing a Droid and maybe a Flow, maybe 2 droids...) which can be a big call when it comes to drinking beer, it could be a 1k + investment for something you can buy. Lets face it, they sell breadmakers (make good bread but you can buy it for bugger all, Ice cream makers which make nice ice cream but you can get a 5 pack of Giant Twins for 4 bucks on special) and then you have a "beer maker", the beer droid.

It's a nice place to come where you can find a group of people who went down the same path you did and are happy with their choice, can talk of the pitfalls and the successes which can make you feel a little less apprehensive about the purchase and I think that is a good thing, you make your money back around that first 12-18 months (3 months if you drink as heavily as @J P) and then it is all better beer at 1/3 to 1/2 the price

• Upvote 3