Connecting Kegs: New BrewArtist? Please read this post first

BrewArt Team

Welcome budding BrewArtist!

If you are new to brewing with BrewArt we recommend that you checkout BrewArt 101 as your first point of call. Here you will gain access to in-depth instructional videos, FAQs and other helpful downloads.

Here are some direct video links you may find useful:

BrewFlo: Installing a Keg

BrewFlo: The Perfect Pour

Cheers,

The BrewArt Team

• 2 years later...

Test the beer line that attaches from the keg to the handle before installing and make sure you know how to remove the beer line once it's attached - hint: you don't just pull on the bloody thing until it snaps.

My very first line had a puncture in it. Trying to replace it from a pressured keg while using it for the first time was not a fun experience. I lost a good litre of beer all over the room.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Will Powell said:

Test the beer line that attaches from the keg to the handle before installing and make sure you know how to remove the beer line once it's attached - hint: you don't just pull on the bloody thing until it snaps.

My very first line had a puncture in it. Trying to replace it from a pressured keg while using it for the first time was not a fun experience. I lost a good litre of beer all over the room.

There is a bit on the orange lug, that you need to press in, to help remove the beer line. It is always, without exception, going to be in the hardest spot to get to, without exception. Just once at the front so it makes for easy removal?...nope GAGF, it's at the back, hiding. Now that I have made you aware of it, it will be easy to find but may require a few seconds of pressure for early release.

If it makes you feel better, I have removed the locking cap before, instantly regretted it and thought "how could you not realise that would be the result?". End result was half a keg gone. Or there was the time I brewed a Monsch Lager, tasted it before kegging...spot on. This was the time I had changed over from primer pouches to dextrose. With primer, if you forget to add it first, no issue, pour it in second, cap it, all good. With dextrose, as I had forgot to put it in first, i becomes a volcano of finest lager...efiin ropeable.

We all bugger up but that is how we learn