Bavarian Lager

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Actually think this may be one of those lagers that hits the sweet spot a bit later, nearly 8 weeks in and ...quite sadly...enjoying the last longneck and it's not too bad at all. Nice colour, nice body and really well developed citrus notes in it. Definitely will brew again and have it in front of say a Monch lager, would probably have liked to see how it went at 10-12 weeks to be honest but yeah, maybe next time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/10/2020 at 7:44 PM, Rob Courtney said:

Actually think this may be one of those lagers that hits the sweet spot a bit later, nearly 8 weeks in and ...quite sadly...enjoying the last longneck and it's not too bad at all. Nice colour, nice body and really well developed citrus notes in it. Definitely will brew again and have it in front of say a Monch lager, would probably have liked to see how it went at 10-12 weeks to be honest but yeah, maybe next time.

Might have miscounted this...anyways got to 8 weeks tonight...and there was another Longneck. Malty, Malty, Malty. Not sure this is my favourite beer but it is different enough to get onto the rotation, enjoyed this beer a lot the longer it went

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a dead set early drinker. Usually, I'd mix some beers up on my Friday session but I believe I will be sitting in the Fatherland tonight drinking the Bavarian. It is so good that I think I still have one Bohemian left to brew...may just go the Hallertau with it...might bump it up to 35gms too

IMG_0303.jpg

• Upvote 1