Beerdroid Reviews

1 hour ago, J P said:

Mate.  How many kegs is enough? 

I have 16 kegs but I have gone through a stage of bottling with glass bottles and crown seals.

Have I offered one of those kegs for sale? No

I know I will get back into kegging again and there is something ever so brilliant about pouring glasses from the tap that pouring out of a bottle won't ever match.

If I was being honest, somewhere between 6-12 is a good amount, 16 is playing safe 

9 hours ago, J P said:

Mate.  Fair effort there!!  How many are full at a given time?   Brilliant.  🙂

I’ve got 9 full at the moment with one on the go in the Brewflo.

I intend to have 16-18 full at any given time this year so that I can give some of these brews the 10-12 week secondary conditioning they need to be served at their best.

I figure that as a 10L stainless steel keg costs around $100 to begin with and then you add the spear, disconnects etc. that if you can get it working for you, $40 for a Brewart kegging kit (when on special) and a couple of dollars each brew for a keg liner and primer still works out much cheaper and you don’t need to worry about gas and refills.

You also don’t have a second fridge taking up space and/or chewing electricity all the time. I like that you can easily pack the Brewflo away should you not need it for a while or worse still have run out of beer.

9 hours ago, J P said:

Anyone think of a reason I couldn’t store beer in these sealed and uncarbonated until I have an empty keg available? 
Would you worry about storage temps without secondary fermentation?

thanks for your thoughts 

49FE2639-FE4D-4814-8AF7-693ABAFDC493.jpeg

The beer is likely to spoil as you can not remove the air in the head space. Also transferring to your Brewflo keg will be difficult without adding extra oxygen to it.

13 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

I’ve got 9 full at the moment with one on the go in the Brewflo.

I intend to have 16-18 full at any given time this year so that I can give some of these brews the 10-12 week secondary conditioning they need to be served at their best.

I figure that as a 10L stainless steel keg costs around $100 to begin with and then you add the spear, disconnects etc. that if you can get it working for you, $40 for a Brewart kegging kit (when on special) and a couple of dollars each brew for a keg liner and primer still works out much cheaper and you don’t need to worry about gas and refills.

You also don’t have a second fridge taking up space and/or chewing electricity all the time. I like that you can easily pack the Brewflo away should you not need it for a while or worse still have run out of beer.

Your correct in the stainless keg costs. I think I’ve said elsewhere that i only have this set up as BrewArt wasn’t around at the time. Having it is great but I would have gone the Brewflo if it had been available.

Ps. “I intend to have 16-18 full at any given time this year......” don’t you mean “I intend to have another Droid this year.....” 😂