Barrelboy

West Coast Pale Ale

Kegged the West Coast Pale Ale today (24/12/19) after a 10day fermentation. This is a pure Brewprint, did a kit/Coopers can clone back in July that I rated highly. Look forward to trying this one. (Put down a Golden Days of Summer Ale Brewprint).

• Upvote 1

So many ales; so little time... 😢  I came dangerously close to buying a 2nd hand droid last week for $400 but a couple of small issues made me hold off.  Still waiting for that magical new one to fall in my lap via gumtree for $400 (or a Brewart sale at 20% off; could justify $640).

(EDIT - have re-posted under GDOS Ale thread)

Edited by Darran Haynes

29 minutes ago, Darran Haynes said:

So many ales; so little time... 😢  I came dangerously close to buying a 2nd hand droid last week for $400 but a couple of small issues made me hold off.  Still waiting for that magical new one to fall in my lap via gumtree for $400 (or a Brewart sale at 20% off; could justify $640).

(EDIT - have re-posted under GDOS Ale thread)

Did you see the brand new unopened unit in Glenelg SA for $500. I reckon an offer of $400 could get it? As it’s in the transportable original box a courier may not be that expensive?

On 24/12/2019 at 11:18 AM, Barrelboy said:

Did you see the brand new unopened unit in Glenelg SA for $500. I reckon an offer of $400 could get it? As it’s in the transportable original box a courier may not be that expensive?

Made enquires for a friend, the unit has been with them, unopened with an American Pale Ale for 2 years. Yes 2 years. This would make it one of the first models which apparently had a few teething problems if you go on the early reports here and elsewhere. To be honest I wouldn’t pay 200 bucks for it as the risk (no warranty) is to high. Spare parts, 50 bucks.

2 years, still can’t believe it.