Can Not Connect to WiFi

And failing again and again with manual setup I am going to setup a network extender with WPS and see if Beerdroid will connect that way. I find it consternating that a primitive wifi chip should be in a recent production BeerDroid. If It's a fairly generic chip I am perfectly capable of replacing it myself, supposing I can find a pin compatible upgraded component. If WPS doesn't do the trick, I shall proceed with manual configuration of brewprints. 

@John Garrison,

I'm sorry that you are having this problem.  You don't have to be in AU to use the app.  I am in Texas and have installed two droids with the app. 

Have you looked at the online manual or only the printed manual in the box?  The online manual (in case you haven't reached it) can be found under the BrewArt 101 page.  It will have the latest info and it is a downloadable FTP.  There are both AU and USA versions available.

If that doesn't help, I suggest that you email or phone BrewArt customer service.  They have been helpful to me.

There is a small chance that your Droid got one of the duplicate serial number chips supplied by mistake to BrewArt last year.  So, if you need to call customer service, have your serial number ready.  This issue, if it pertains to you is not BrewArt's fault but they are fixing it as fast as they can.

Once you get over the start-up issue, you will love the Droid.

Please keep us informed, and welcome to the forum.

I've got the latest printed manual...which was NOT in the box....nor was a power cord...but I swiped one off a disused computer. I have got the Range extender setup and am getting the E2 error....so at least the droid is trying. I generally DO NOT cry for help at least not with the manufacturer. TIme is not my friend. I will keep futzing with it, and as I say I will proceed with manual brewing if nothing else. And will also do what I can to strengthen the wifi network around here...I am on an acre of property and the BeerDroid is in a former office in my garage a bit of a distance from the house...the wifi works there but it could be better. Duplicate serial numbers? What a mess!

I ordered it from Amazon, but it was the Brewart page ON Amazon IIRC....and the box was sealed everything there except what I mentioned. Got my local network snuffed up in the garage. Serial number of device still not recognized. WPS not working yet but I've never used that feature so not sure what to expect...gonna play with that part some more. 

I called Brewart Tech Support yesterday and got through to Liam who helped me with not being able to finish a brew on my app because I switched modems half way though. He could see that it must have been frustrating me given that the brew was up to day 300.

Just goes to show though, really don't need the app to use Brewart, it's nice but not essential

• Upvote 1

I started an email conversation with Zach and he got the password format thing fixed… so now I get connected to BD and while 192.168.1.1 does resolve to mybeerdroid.com the relevant resource does not load on either chrome ios or safari. They both give up saying it’s taking too long…not sure if the page is not in the firmware or what.

• 2 weeks later...

Much work with my day (and night) job but Liam had the recipe for success. BeerDroid connected to my network and App recognized it and linked it. I got an American Ale kit with mine and know that one has been dropped but I hope the recipe is still in the app…otherwise I’ll choose something close and cross my fingers!

• Upvote 1

I think the American Ale was replaced with the Discovery Ale. It may not be exact, but if not, it's close. I have the American Ale in my Journal on the app, and when I click on it for info, it takes me to the Discovery. If you have the American on your shelf in the app, it should run fine. If not, I'd say just add the Discovery and run that.

EDIT. I just checked, and I can still manually add the American Ale in the app, so you should be good to go.

Edited by Steve Gyldenvand
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, John Garrison said:

I got it started….not gonna dry hop this one…just going by what was in the kit. I’ll either get some beer or Barley porridge..,not sure but keen to find out.

1) You will get beer

2) You won't be able to wait the 8 weeks you should before drinking it

3) It doesn't matter drinking beer at different times allows you to guage when yo prefer your beer

4) Even if it is too early, halfway through the first glass you will be all "well, I can drink this woohoo" and by the third glass you'll be more impressed.

Edited by Rob Courtney
  • Haha 2

First time I made beer mashing on the stovetop, i ended up with champagne beer…it had that delicate fizz…and tasty. Second batch not so good, but went wild and tried for five gallons! Too hard to maintain excellent cleanliness I guess. Now with this I’m hopeful but it is the first batch. I know there is some latitude in drinkability…more of this less of that just means you sell it under two different labels! 🍻

5 hours ago, John Garrison said:

Active fermentation has started and the familiar cloudiness is observed in the sight glass. I don’t know how long it will percolate…and I am off on a work trip that could stretch into 3 days. Storage mode might get a test too! 

On the positive...and we have all done this, you won't be swithching on your light for the droid everytime you walk past it (jeez, I used to do that a lot) for the next three days. It will hum along with our without you and I think you were liquid hopping, after it has gone ready to keg, leave it a day, then add the hops, leave it another and then bottle. When you are using liquid hops there is no benefit putting it into storage where there is with dry hopping. I found with liquid hops leaving them longer than 24 hours made no difference to the flavour, they had done their job. When you bottle with PET, make sure to give the cap and extra turn ( just with your hand, no need to bust out a wrench) as you want it to carbonate.

After 2 week, secondary fermentation is done and you can try it. Don't be upset if at 2 weeks it isn't quite what you were looking for, the beer will get better each week and between the 6-10 week mark is the sweet spot, it's hit its straps and just wants to be drunk :). It is worthwhile if you can, just to have a bottle each week to understand how it evolves.

When I started I bought 3 cartons of beer ( my wife was stoked, I was meant to be making not buying) but it allowed me a chance to build up stocks to a point where I can see where my beers are at because I always have at least 5 brews completed

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2