Can Not Connect to WiFi

Hello,

I cannot finish my initial beerdroid setup. I'm trying to connect it to my wifi network but when I try to connect to wifi Beerdroid.02.01.02.0000.0xxx it asks for the password. I tried 8 last digits from that wifi name like 00000xxx and 0000.0xxx and brewart and whole 02010200000xxx but still cannot get it connected to it's wifi so I'm stocked. My router doesn't have wps. 

Need help. Already spent 2 hours trying all options I could find in the manual and internet. 

What do I do wrong?

8 hours ago, Syargey Kutsuk said:

Hello,

I cannot finish my initial beerdroid setup. I'm trying to connect it to my wifi network but when I try to connect to wifi Beerdroid.02.01.02.0000.0xxx it asks for the password. I tried 8 last digits from that wifi name like 00000xxx and 0000.0xxx and brewart and whole 02010200000xxx but still cannot get it connected to it's wifi so I'm stocked. My router doesn't have wps. 

Need help. Already spent 2 hours trying all options I could find in the manual and internet. 

What do I do wrong?

https://community.brewart.com/search/?q=wifi&quick=1&search_in=titles

Have a read of these threads. I found I had trouble conecting to my home wifi because it was too far away from the router so I just used my phone.

In saying that, whilst it is lovely to have the unit connected to the internet, it isn't essential, I probably brewed for a year without it with no problems at all

• Upvote 1

The issue is not with my router, the beerdroid is very close to the router. I cannot connect to the droid wifi to get it linked to the router, it asks for the password and I tried 8 last digits of the serial # but it says password incorrect so I cannot move to the next step linking to my wifi AP. Is any way to reset the droid or how to find the password? The unit is new so it's initial setup. 

7 hours ago, Syargey Kutsuk said:

The issue is not with my router, the beerdroid is very close to the router. I cannot connect to the droid wifi to get it linked to the router, it asks for the password and I tried 8 last digits of the serial # but it says password incorrect so I cannot move to the next step linking to my wifi AP. Is any way to reset the droid or how to find the password? The unit is new so it's initial setup. 

Hi Sargent, Mark here and welcome. The password is the last 8 digits of the serial number including the hyphen. Hope this helps.

51A1CAEB-3700-4BBB-ABC6-6743816936D8.thumb.png.46943dfd48eb90e2c527646eee7732c6.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Syargey Kutsuk said:

Thank you Captain 3 Droids

I finally figured out. I should use HYPHEN instead of DOT between numbers!

Great. Now don’t forget to update the firmware (program). You’ll find it on the app under “My Beerdroid” the last east version is P017.(if you have already put a brew going you can’t update until it is finished, but all will be ok)

Cheers

Edited by Captain 3 Droids

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, Luke Sibenaler said:

I can not seem to be able to connect to the beerdroid network. I can see it but when I press it, it says unable to connect to network??

is this an issue with the beerdroid? How do I update if it is required.

cheers 

Luke.

Sorry Luke, missed this one. Still having problems? If so what method are you using?

I’m trying to connect wifi to be able to use the mobile app on my mobile phone.

but am having trouble connecting to the droid network? 
it does say I require a firmware’s update. But I think you cannot do this unless you are connected to the network. Is this correct?

I have since put my first brew on manual with using the beerdroid. Hope it gos well. 

I placed a larger on, it has just changed over to ferment after 12 hours, is this correct?

30 minutes ago, Luke Sibenaler said:

I’m trying to connect wifi to be able to use the mobile app on my mobile phone.

but am having trouble connecting to the droid network? 
it does say I require a firmware’s update. But I think you cannot do this unless you are connected to the network. Is this correct?

I have since put my first brew on manual with using the beerdroid. Hope it gos well. 

I placed a larger on, it has just changed over to ferment after 12 hours, is this correct?

With the firmware update you can’t do this whilst brewing so you will have to wait until the brew is finished.

You will need to be connected to the internet for this.

On the droid screen is there a wifi symbol and world globe symbol? There probable isn’t but to connect I think you need to wait until the brew is finished as you need the screen to programme in the wifi connection. What modem are you using and are you using a pc? iPad?

Have you read the download manual?

https://brewart.com/101/wp-content/uploads/BrewArt-BeerDroid-Instruction-Manual-AU-.pdf

Comprehensive set up page 32 -

30 minutes ago, Luke Sibenaler said:

Yes this is correct. The manual mode will work as it should.

Hello @Luke Sibenaler and welcome.

I've read your posts and there are a some clues that your BeerDroid is already connected, the main one is that the only way the App can know your Droid's firmware requires an upgrade is the droid has connected to the BrewArt server and reported its firmware version, and then the App has retrieved this info from the server.

If I am correct, then:

• the WIFI and Globe icons should both be visible on your Droid's front panel
  • the app should be displaying the status of the Lager you manually started

I think the confusion may be in you thinking that you need to connect to your Droid each time in the App, this is a one time thing to get your Droid onto your WIFI, after that, the Droid and and App communicate via the server not directly.

Also as @Captain 3 Droids  said, you won't be able to upgrade the firmware until the Droid has finished the current brew, this is important so please set yourself a reminder.

Let us know what you find out and good luck with your lager.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a lot of problems trying to connect my droid to Wi-Fi - it would have been an hour long affair. From what I can tell, modern security policies and "helpfulness" of operating systems (I tried on MacOS and Android) prevent connecting to the droid's network (option 1 or option 3 of the Wi-Fi setup section). I found success using option 2, the WPS method (I had WPS disabled on my router because it's a flawed protocol RE security, I enabled just to get the droid connected). This prevents the need for an intermediary device to do the setup - just the droid and the router. 

I've since had issues with the Wi-Fi, whenever the droid goes on an extended cooling session (dropping lager propagation to fermentation or dropping kegging to storage) it will lose the Wi-Fi connection. It won't recover the connection unless I manually switch the droid off and on again. Probably something to do with residual heat affecting the Wi-Fi board. No biggie. 

Edited by iMagoo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iMagoo said:

I've since had issues with the Wi-Fi, whenever the droid goes on an extended cooling session (dropping lager propagation to fermentation or dropping kegging to storage) it will lose the Wi-Fi connection. It won't recover the connection unless I manually switch the droid off and on again. Probably something to do with residual heat affecting the Wi-Fi board. No biggie. 

It shouldn’t do that and sounds like a faulty wifi module.

You should make contact with BrewArt Support for their assistance with this.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

iMagoo,

This is a bit late - and hopefully, your wi-fi problem has been solved.  However, I wonder if the distance from your router to your droid could be a problem.  I had to employ a range extender to my wi-fi to reach my back yard for my bar-be-que grill temperature controller.  It's not only distance, but also blocking materials in the path.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Rupert Farrow said:

The key is not 'brewart' also the manual isn't up to date as it doesn't mention a securty key on this step. 

Can anyone help? 

I can't use the app as I'm not in AU. 

Thanks in advance!

Welcome Rupert. I believe the key is the units serial number. From memory don’t put in the dots (.)

70B4B82C-6611-4FF9-A43B-30154EA8BA53.thumb.png.8b4046a5b6f055a7215fe841e4e7492d.png

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, Scruffy said:

Sorted out the seal , I think lol

Now setting up the wi~fi and it asked for the “ Pass Phrase “ 

What on earth is the Pass Phrase please can one tell myself and my wife as we are both stumped what it is.

TIA

Hey mate, pass phrase is pass word

The wi-fi password for your BeerDroid for manual Wi-Fi set up is the last eight digits of the serial number split in the middle with a hyphen,

eg: 1234-5678

• 2 months later...