Can Not Connect to WiFi

I’m sorry but I’m a bit of a loss now. One thing for sure is the set up instructions must be followed to the letter. I assume you type in the last 8 digits of the serial number as the other 4 are already there? 

In the instructions it states “wait for the wifi icon to start flashing..” can take some time 10secs +, this is an important step before you proceed further.

I note the trouble seems to start after the serial number I put. 1) 12 digits 2) shouldn't be a hyphen?

I’ve only set up via the manual set up not via the WPA, so can’t help there. I’m sorry you have difficulties, all can suggest is turn all off, restart again as you may just be missing doing something.

• Like 1

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!  Mark thank you for your replies.  Sadly that didn't work.  However you gave me the motivation to Power through and figure it out.  So to anyone who is having an issue please try the following.  The instructions I was reading told me to go to manual setup then on my phone go to network settings find beerdroidxxxxxxxxxx.  Connect then wait for the to sync and you will get the planet icon on the beerdroid when connected.  However on my phone it drops the SSID as soon as it doesnt have internet and it would error out. 

So I tried on my laptop the same process and from forum diving i found something said open a browser once connected and go to http://mybeerdroid.com and input the SSID and SSID password into the splash page.  This also did not work for me.

However when i was trying on my phone 40 times i did notice when it said 'connected no internet' ot displayed the IP address it was giving it before the phone dropped the connection.  So I tried once again on my laptop, and this time instead of inputting http://mybeerdroid.com I inputted the IP address my phone showed me earlier 192.168.1.xxx and low and behold it took me to a splash page asking me to input my SSID and SSIDs password.  Once that was entered connected immediately.

Mark thank you for giving me more motivation.  I am annoyed at myself for not trying to use my laptop earlier, however Ladies and Gents we back in the game.

To anyone having issues I would strongly suggest using a laptop rather then a phone.  My Bad

10 minutes ago, Mark Reynolds said:

Everything is online.  You can register your Droid on the website which gets the app going.  I am currently brewing a pale ale!!!

Wow, that’s great. So registration of the droid is the key. (Glad you didn’t give up)
Is that the American Pale Ale? If so a top and very popular drop.

Where abouts in the states are you?

Cheers Mark 

Edited by Barrelboy

• 6 months later...

Hi everyone.

I have read the instruction manual and the posts on this forum about wifi issues. I feel I have followed the instructions step for step and cannot seem to connect the BrewDroid to the internet at all. I have pressed wifi manual setup, connected my phone wifi to the BrewDroid using the last 8 digits of the serial number. I have then gone onto the app and pressed NEXT which takes it to the connect network setup. No networks are appearing. Even leaving the app loading for 5mins nothing appears. I have reset the router, moved it closer to the router and still nothing is appearing. 

I have even followed the video guide on connecting it to the router the other way. Nothing. Is there an idiotproof way of connecting it ? I assumed it would be easy once the Droid connected to my phones wifi. It is about 5m from my router.

55 minutes ago, ausmetal94 said:

Hi everyone.

I have read the instruction manual and the posts on this forum about wifi issues. I feel I have followed the instructions step for step and cannot seem to connect the BrewDroid to the internet at all. I have pressed wifi manual setup, connected my phone wifi to the BrewDroid using the last 8 digits of the serial number. I have then gone onto the app and pressed NEXT which takes it to the connect network setup. No networks are appearing. Even leaving the app loading for 5mins nothing appears. I have reset the router, moved it closer to the router and still nothing is appearing. 

I have even followed the video guide on connecting it to the router the other way. Nothing. Is there an idiotproof way of connecting it ? I assumed it would be easy once the Droid connected to my phones wifi. It is about 5m from my router.

Have answered in the other thread but am happy to take you through this tomorrow. It is frustrating to get it working for some but once we are all there...it becomes a way of life.

Welcome to the Brewart community BTW

Hi Ausmetal94,

Sounds like you have a version 2 BeerDroid. There should have been an extra leaflet in the box outlining a temporary setup procedure, an App update is coming that will fix this.

You have two other options to get your BeerDroid onto your Wi-Fi, use the WPS setup method or use the manual setup method where you connect to the BeerDroid using a browser (not the app) both of these methods are detailed in the online manuals.

Don't forget to then link the BeerDroid to your BrewArt account in the App.

If you have any issues, call the BrewArt Tech support line, they will be able to walk you through this on the phone.

• Upvote 2

Unfortunately with the leaflets my girlfriend accidentally through them out after I had them on top of the junk mail. I ended up doing a brew manually last night so after that's finished up I'll fiddle with it again to see if I can get it running. If I can't I'll give the hotline a call. I was reading the manual online last night. I only purchased this BeerDroid two weeks ago online. So that would be the 2?

10 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Thanks mate! Very excited to start getting some brews going. This setup is absolutely perfect for my apartment. 

Someone below mentioned I have to connect it through the browser first instead of the app. I tried in app and this is where I got to

Screenshot_20200807-220204_BrewArt.jpg

11 minutes ago, ausmetal94 said:

Unfortunately with the leaflets my girlfriend accidentally through them out after I had them on top of the junk mail. I ended up doing a brew manually last night so after that's finished up I'll fiddle with it again to see if I can get it running. If I can't I'll give the hotline a call. I was reading the manual online last night. I only purchased this BeerDroid two weeks ago online. So that would be the 2?

If it has the circular drain with the silicon o-rings then it's a V2, the V1 has the crescent drain.

Don't forget to update your firmware after you get it hooked up to Wi-Fi and your App. BrewArt have just released firmware P016 which has the full dry hop functionality.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, xpsTech said:

If it has the circular drain with the silicon o-rings then it's a V2, the V1 has the crescent drain.

It has the silicon o-rings! 

You mentioned connecting it through the browser and not via the app. Is there a walkthrough for that? The manual only mentions through the app

13 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Have answered in the other thread but am happy to take you through this tomorrow. It is frustrating to get it working for some but once we are all there...it becomes a way of life.

Just quietly, I am impressed I posted so lucidly at about midnight last night. I looked at the bottle count from last night when I got up and thought "yep, that explains the headache"

• Haha 1

OK, so it has to be a manual set up then as XPS noted which may be easy or slightly frustrating but will need to happen after you have finished your brew. Keep in mind though that I didn't bother connecting my droid to the internet for the first six months of use ( mainly laziness but a bit of apathy mixed in) and only did connect it because there was a software upgrade at the time.

So when the brew is finished, manually set it up by looking at pages 11 and 30- 35 of the manual ( you can access it on the internet) and following instructions.

Or if the app is the way you want to go, give the guys a call on Monday and they will probably email you the missing leaflet you need.

On 08/08/2020 at 9:42 AM, ausmetal94 said:

Have you managed to connect up ok?

Just now, ausmetal94 said:

I've managed to get a copy of the leaflet on how to connect it via the browser! Have to wait for this brew to finish first then I'll see how I to. First brew is the session ale

Good stuff. After connection don’t forget to update your firmware to P16. You’ll find it in My BeerDroid. You can’t do this if brewing so suggest writing a note and putting it on the lid.