Can Not Connect to WiFi

2 hours ago, Christopher Downie said:

Hi, I’m setting up my beerdroid to wifi, I can only get to the second step as I can’t select my home network to move onto the next phase. Has anyone else had this issue? Or have any ideas of how I should go about this?  

Thanks!

it can be a little painful but is the wifi a distance away from the droid? That was my biggest problem when I started and I moved everything closer.

Of course, one day it dropped out and I just could not be arsed connecting it again...and it has made no difference to me. I understand it is cool to get updates about your brew but it isn't the make or break of the system, that is the fact that it brews it to the end of fermentation without hassles. I used to get updates and now I just go in on day 4 or 5 and see the temp has risen and think "not too long now".

I had heaps of issues getting mine going but until this last brew It hasnt skipped a beat . If i have issues tomorrow and let you know haha . Hopefully you get it going mate , it is good to see, but I agree with Rob its really a nice to have . Biggest thing i use it for is setting my brewprint. I dont get many notifications for it.  

26 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

I had heaps of issues getting mine going but until this last brew It hasnt skipped a beat . If i have issues tomorrow and let you know haha . Hopefully you get it going mate , it is good to see, but I agree with Rob its really a nice to have . Biggest thing i use it for is setting my brewprint. I dont get many notifications for it.  

My issue was it would do a "ramping up the temperature" notification at 2am in the morinig and you are like "OMG nobody would send me a text at 3 am in the morning unless someone was dying"

Apparently, Brewart does, because you should care that your lager has moved to 14 degrees at 3 am

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

My issue was it would do a "ramping up the temperature" notification at 2am in the morinig and you are like "OMG nobody would send me a text at 3 am in the morning unless someone was dying"

Apparently, Brewart does, because you should care that your lager has moved to 14 degrees at 3 am

I dont get any of those notifications . Only ones that pop up are my kegs are finishing conditioning .

13 hours ago, Christopher Downie said:

Hi, I’m setting up my beerdroid to wifi, I can only get to the second step as I can’t select my home network to move onto the next phase. Has anyone else had this issue? Or have any ideas of how I should go about this?  

Thanks!

Hi Christopher, Mark here.

Make sure wifi is turned on your pc, iPad and or phone for what you are going to use. You need to then select the home net work you want to use on the pc, iPad and or phone in the settings section. This will then tell the droid where to connect.

Hope this helps, let us know. Cheers

25 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

Have you tried rebooting your modem?

Yup a couple of times. And tried redoing the Manual setup with no luck . My phone would connect to the droid Wifi as per say , but when I would go to the next step on the app it says it cant connect lol . Oh well interested to see if this generic ale setup will work for the narci citrus lol 

4 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Just an update . Checked on my droid this morning , at 0043 it decided it wanted to pick up the wifi signal again lol. @Christopher Downie did you get your droid sorted ? 

Is the correct network still selected on your phone?

(sent pm to Christopher yesterday, no response as yet)

Edited by Barrelboy

Yeah still my home network . The droid just had a moment it seems. I lost it 2 days from the end of the RIS last time then when I plugged it in yesterday could not get it connected at all. Oh well alls well that ends well . Just not sure how the ale print works against the fermentation temps for the Narci-Citrus , tried to look on my print but cant load it while I have a brew in lol 

• Upvote 1

Afternoon all, 

I too am having issues connecting my Drooid to wifi. I can't even get to the second step.

I select Manual wifi on the Droid itself then try to join that network on my phone, but it's password protected? This is the first time I've turned it on.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received! 

Merry Christmas!

Will

22 minutes ago, Will Powell said:

Afternoon all, 

I too am having issues connecting my Drooid to wifi. I can't even get to the second step.

I select Manual wifi on the Droid itself then try to join that network on my phone, but it's password protected? This is the first time I've turned it on.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received! 

Merry Christmas!

Will

Hi Will, Mark here and welcome. 
You will need the “net work key” (WPaz) for your net work. Now you may find this under or on the back of your modem. Let us know how you go. What network are you with?

7 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

Hi Will, Mark here and welcome. 
You will need the “net work key” (WPaz) for your net work. Now you may find this under or on the back of your modem. Let us know how you go. What network are you with?

Hi Mark, 

I figured it out going through the WPA method and manual registration. A little cumbersome but it worked.

Now just figuring out what to do next. Sanitization is probably a good guess. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, 

I received my BeerDroid and I am psyched to use it.  However, I can not connect to the WiFi.  When I try Manual Setup, I find BerrDroidxxxxxxxxxxx in my Network settings on my phone.  I select it then i use the last 8 digits of the serial including the 'hyphen'.  The phone says the beerdroid is 'connected,no internet'.  Which then the Beerdroid states E2 Cd 3. 

Then when I try to connect it using WPS, I select connect using WPS, then I go (the droid is less then10 feet from the router) hit the WPS button on there router, and ensure the wps light comes on.  Then eventually it fails and the Beerdroid displays E2 Cd 13 error.  Now, when I look up Cd 13 in the error code list in the manual there is no 13.  I literally goes from 12 to 14 skipping 13. 

Hopefully we can get this resolved. I am super stoked to get this going. 

Thank You in Advance for Your Assistance

Hi Mark and Brewsta, another Mark here.

Your not alone, a number of people have trouble with connecting however that doesn’t help you. Try:-

Turn your router/modem and beerdroid off, wait a few minutes and turn the router/modem on again.

When this is ready turn your Beerdroid on follow manual Option 1 (page 32?). Note have been going into manual set up on the droid?  You have to do this.

Hope this helps, if not suggest you email Brewart tech, they are great.

ps. Wifi compatibility with IEEE 802.11b/g networks (same in America?).

Please let us know how you get on. (You as well Brewsta) By the way you’ll love the droid, I run 3 now.

Hey Mark,

Thank You for the response I greatly appreciate it. 

I just want to give you a run down on everything I have tried so far.  I am an IT Professional so I am good at troubleshooting tech.

1.  Beer Droid is less than 3 meters away from the router and has excellent signal strength.
2.  I select manual setup find the device in my network settings on my phone.  I enter the last 8 digits of the serial (including the hyphen), the beerdroid accepts the password and on the phone it says 'Connected, No Internet'.  Then on the beerdroid itself it returns a E2 Cd3 error.
3.  When I try WPS it try's to connect then fails with a E2 Cd 13 error.  I can't find the error code in the manual.
4.  I was told my WiFi Password could not contain special characters (mine did have one).  So, I changed my password to something that did not contain special characters.  Powered down the beerdroid unplugged it and let it sit for 5 minutes.  Powered it back on and tried troubleshooting steps 2 and 3 listed above over again with the exact same results.
5.  I called my router manufacturer and we tried tweaking a couple of things listed below.  Then I repeated steps 2 and 3 power cycling each time and it still can't connect.
      a. Disabled 5Ghz 
      b. tried channels 1, 6, and 11
6.  I then created a Guest network and limited the bandwidth to less the 54mbps and tried connecting again both manually and through WPS power cycling each time.  However I still have no connection.
  • Upvote 1