Could some one help me work out this error code FE. I assume it's a fermentation error, sorry just a newbie. I am brewing pacific ale. If this is already fermented then this only took 3 days. I generally thought this style of beer would take 5 days at least.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

1 hour ago, Shawn McKee said:

Could some one help me work out this error code FE. I assume it's a fermentation error, sorry just a newbie. I am brewing pacific ale. If this is already fermented then this only took 3 days. I generally thought this style of beer would take 5 days at least.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Nah, it's just testing fermentation, it will do it once a day for approx an hour. It is alllllll normal mate. When it is fermented, it will bring up a sign saying "ready to keg"

Edited by Rob Courtney
  • Like 1

I don't know if you legends can help or not. I have a number of mr beer worts that I am wanting to use but am unsure about how much extra ingredients to add as most of the mr beer worts brew too an abv of 5%+ at 8.5ltr

I was thinking maybe 250gr of dextrose or maybe 250gr of beer enhancer 3 to keep abv around the same mark give or take.

I have tried in the mr beer lbk but live in Qld so heat and humidity a problem that's why I want to try beerdroid.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Cheers,

Shawn

21 minutes ago, Shawn McKee said:

I don't know if you legends can help or not. I have a number of mr beer worts that I am wanting to use but am unsure about how much extra ingredients to add as most of the mr beer worts brew too an abv of 5%+ at 8.5ltr

I was thinking maybe 250gr of dextrose or maybe 250gr of beer enhancer 3 to keep abv around the same mark give or take.

I have tried in the mr beer lbk but live in Qld so heat and humidity a problem that's why I want to try beerdroid.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Cheers,

Shawn

The droid will be perfect for it, mix the ingredients as if preparing for a normal plastic fermenter, put in the droid, add water to 10l, sprinkle the yeast on top. 

Because Mr Beer are for 8.5l if you want to add something I’d go for 250g of light dry malt extra or the dark if a stout. The dextrose and enhances make for a poorer outcome in my opinion.

(You can mix this with the tin or put on top of the yeast in the droid as you do with brewprint ingredients. The tin does meed to be dissolved in 1 - 2 litres of just boiled water)

Edited by Barrelboy

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the calming explanations, Rob and Barrelboy. I turned around to see where my brew was up to and had a little freak out as it wasn't showing the temperature on the screen :) Glad it's still working away - I should have started this about 3 weeks ago, as I could really go a beer right now...

• Haha 2

Hate to nit-pick, but @Shawn McKee did you mean the Droid displayed an "Ft" not "FE". In which case the the guys are correct.

From the FAQ http://brewart.com/101/faq/

What does it mean if my BeerDroid is displaying 'Ft' in the temperature display?

This means that the BeerDroid is performing a Fermentation Test. During this time we do not display the temperature but rest assured that the temperature is within acceptable limits of the target temperature. The duration of a Fermentation Test can typically take between 1-3 hours and generally occurs once every 24 hours while the BeerDroid is in the Ferment Zone.
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gav Boyce said:

Thanks for the calming explanations, Rob and Barrelboy. I turned around to see where my brew was up to and had a little freak out as it wasn't showing the temperature on the screen :) Glad it's still working away - I should have started this about 3 weeks ago, as I could really go a beer right now...

Hi Gav, welcome to the forum, if you have any questions, ask away, someone in the community will help out with an answer.

What beer are you brewing?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Hi Gav, welcome to the forum, if you have any questions, ask away, someone in the community will help out with an answer.

What beer are you brewing?

Hey Rob, I'm going pretty easy to begin with, so I can make sure I get the process down. My first was a Coopers Session Ale (a while ago) and for my second, Coopers Celebration Ale, which is what I'm brewing now. Up to 4 days of fermenting currently. I have a Big Bear Brown Ale coming up next. At some point, I'm sure I will start to mix and match to find my own style that works well, but for the moment, I think just going with something that I can recognise the taste is probably my best bet, just in case I screw it up so I will know that it has gone amiss.

I also joined the Facebook group to find some answers to a few things. People are really going advanced for some of their beers which is impressive to see. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Gav Boyce said:

I also joined the Facebook group to find some answers to a few things. People are really going advanced for some of their beers which is impressive to see. 

Hey Gav, welcome.

The Facebook group can be a good source of info and I agree that it's good to see people really experimenting. I don't usually participate in social media but have an account just for that group and have learned quite a lot over the last year.

The whinging and moaning on FB can get to me a bit.

On this forum we encourage brewers and solve problems so if you find you're hitting a brick wall of negativity on FB please run the same questions by us here as we don't have any agendas other than you enjoying your brewing and getting the most out of your Brewart system. There are no silly questions and there is always someone more than willing to help.

🍻

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Hey Gav, welcome.

The Facebook group can be a good source of info and I agree that it's good to see people really experimenting. I don't usually participate in social media but have an account just for that group and have learned quite a lot over the last year.

The whinging and moaning on FB can get to me a bit.

On this forum we encourage brewers and solve problems so if you find you're hitting a brick wall of negativity on FB please run the same questions by us here as we don't have any agendas other than you enjoying your brewing and getting the most out of your Brewart system. There are no silly questions and there is always someone more than willing to help.

🍻

Hey Dustin, yeah I agree. I am pretty much off FB now, but it can come in handy for specific issues. It's great having this community here too, and I don't have to scroll through endless ads linked to my browsing history to find something :)

Looking forward to many beers over the years :)

Cheers guys.

• Like 1