Could some one help me work out this error code FE. I assume it's a fermentation error, sorry just a newbie. I am brewing pacific ale. If this is already fermented then this only took 3 days. I generally thought this style of beer would take 5 days at least.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

1 hour ago, Shawn McKee said:

Could some one help me work out this error code FE. I assume it's a fermentation error, sorry just a newbie. I am brewing pacific ale. If this is already fermented then this only took 3 days. I generally thought this style of beer would take 5 days at least.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Nah, it's just testing fermentation, it will do it once a day for approx an hour. It is alllllll normal mate. When it is fermented, it will bring up a sign saying "ready to keg"

Edited by Rob Courtney

Thanks Rob and Barrelboy.

Unfortunately I cancelled the pacific ale brew and restarted it not knowing the information you lads provided. Again thank you for your help.

Shawn.

I don't know if you legends can help or not. I have a number of mr beer worts that I am wanting to use but am unsure about how much extra ingredients to add as most of the mr beer worts brew too an abv of 5%+ at 8.5ltr

I was thinking maybe 250gr of dextrose or maybe 250gr of beer enhancer 3 to keep abv around the same mark give or take.

I have tried in the mr beer lbk but live in Qld so heat and humidity a problem that's why I want to try beerdroid.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Cheers,

Shawn

21 minutes ago, Shawn McKee said:

I don't know if you legends can help or not. I have a number of mr beer worts that I am wanting to use but am unsure about how much extra ingredients to add as most of the mr beer worts brew too an abv of 5%+ at 8.5ltr

I was thinking maybe 250gr of dextrose or maybe 250gr of beer enhancer 3 to keep abv around the same mark give or take.

I have tried in the mr beer lbk but live in Qld so heat and humidity a problem that's why I want to try beerdroid.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Cheers,

Shawn

The droid will be perfect for it, mix the ingredients as if preparing for a normal plastic fermenter, put in the droid, add water to 10l, sprinkle the yeast on top. 

Because Mr Beer are for 8.5l if you want to add something I’d go for 250g of light dry malt extra or the dark if a stout. The dextrose and enhances make for a poorer outcome in my opinion.

(You can mix this with the tin or put on top of the yeast in the droid as you do with brewprint ingredients. The tin does meed to be dissolved in 1 - 2 litres of just boiled water)

Edited by Barrelboy

So you are saying that I should dissolve the light malt first instead of treating it like a brewprint.

Again thanks for help, much appreciated Barrelboy.

14 minutes ago, Shawn McKee said:

So you are saying that I should dissolve the light malt first instead of treating it like a brewprint.

Again thanks for help, much appreciated Barrelboy.

You can do either, dissolving first will make fermentation happen earlier however no big deal if you treat like a Brewprint.