HI all,

New to BrewArt and home brewing in general. I've got four brews done and am impatiently waiting for three of them to hit the 4-5 week mark (the first didn't make it past three). I've chewed through most of the threads on here and still have some questions.

1. Is there a limitation to how many ingredients the BeerDroid or 10 liters of water can handle? I saw someone here add two X5's to the Mountain Range IPA bringing the total up to nine. I actually tried and bottled this yesterday. It tasted great straight out of the droid.

2. On that note I want to try dry hopping but again what is the limit that 10 liters can absorb? Or what's a good starting point for an IPA?

3. Is there a list somewhere of what the elements do to effect ABV? I found IBU here and which hops are what. But when I start playing with the Brew Prints I don't want to make something stupid strong or close to non-alcoholic.

4. Finally, I've seen some mentions of the Facebook group. Like some of the others here I really don't want to get back into that shit show. Would there be any interest in creating a Slack channel? Could someone reading this pose that idea to the book of faces group?

12 hours ago, Sean said:

HI all,

New to BrewArt and home brewing in general. I've got four brews done and am impatiently waiting for three of them to hit the 4-5 week mark (the first didn't make it past three). I've chewed through most of the threads on here and still have some questions.

1. Is there a limitation to how many ingredients the BeerDroid or 10 liters of water can handle? I saw someone here add two X5's to the Mountain Range IPA bringing the total up to nine. I actually tried and bottled this yesterday. It tasted great straight out of the droid.

2. On that note I want to try dry hopping but again what is the limit that 10 liters can absorb? Or what's a good starting point for an IPA?

3. Is there a list somewhere of what the elements do to effect ABV? I found IBU here and which hops are what. But when I start playing with the Brew Prints I don't want to make something stupid strong or close to non-alcoholic.

4. Finally, I've seen some mentions of the Facebook group. Like some of the others here I really don't want to get back into that shit show. Would there be any interest in creating a Slack channel? Could someone reading this pose that idea to the book of faces group?

(1) No but depending on the type of brew, you may need to only use 9 litres of water. An Extra X5 is like adding approx 1% to the beers alcyhol. That is an approximate though, don't go "Rob said it would only increase it by 1 alcohol volume, why did I just get pulled over blowing .25?" 

(2) @Barrelboy will have a good answer on this but I'd imagine 20grams of hops, he will recommend some good choices for hops for an IPA

(3) No but have a chat with Liam at Brewart, he will give you really good advice as he is a brewer at Coopers AFAIK.

(4) People on the face book page are always welcome here, Mark has gone on there inviting them back and a couple post intermittently. I posted on there for a while and there are some nice people there but I found the advice on this site is pretty good

• Thanks 1

On 07/02/2020 at 8:04 AM, Sean said:

HI all,

Sean on point 3, to contact Liam just email info@brewart.com

Hey @Sean, welcome to the group, i have gone on the FB group and although there is more chat and some great posts. I find more value here, Mark and Rob are Gurus in regards to what we are doing here. I am also finding my feet but have a few brews under my belt now . Have been sticking to the prints , but this year is a year to experiment , its all dry hopping and if I can get to it some BIAB brewing, just hard to get ingredients where I am 

• Upvote 1