Brewflow noise

Will Powell

I swear my Brewflo is getting louder. Has anyone else had this problem?

There are 2 noises - one sounds like a fan, which I'm assuming is associated with the cooling mechanism. That one isn't too bad at all.

The other I think is a pump or compressor that is triggered after pouring a pint or so. I think it's part of the vacuum mechanism, maybe? I just clocked mine at 77dB, which is absurd. And it comes on intermittently, even when I've not been pouring any beer. It wakes people up in the house when it happens at 3am...

Edited by Will Powell
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Will Powell said:

I swear my Brewflo is getting louder. Has anyone else had this problem?

There are 2 noises - one sounds like a fan, which I'm assuming is associated with the cooling mechanism. That one isn't too bad at all.

The other I think is a pump or compressor that is triggered after pouring a pint or so. I think it's part of the vacuum mechanism, maybe? I just clocked mine at 77dB, which is absurd. And it comes on intermittently, even when I've not been pouring any beer. It wakes people up in the house when it happens at 3am...

I don’t have a Brewflo so not much help. Rob hopefully will have the answer however looking at the manual I wonder if in the Troubleshoot section a pump overload reset would help.

My Brewflo sits in the back room. So no midnight wake ups.  But during the day you can hear the compressor cycle on and off . Always wonder if I have a leak or not sometimes.  Brewflo is a great design though . Just trying to figure out what beers cant go in it . I have a Narcicitrus now and every brew I have done is so over foamed might just be the beer. Next keg will sit for a few more weeks before I try it so maybe it will subside.

• 1 year later...

I have about given up on the BrewFlo. I have mastered the hookups and general kegging procedures, but the noise of dispensing beer -  which is something that sounds between a jackhammer and an injured duck - is totally unacceptable.  I am not surprised that the BrewFlo in currently "not available."  The compressor cycle is not a problem to me.  It is the noise of dispension that confounds me.  This problem has ensued over several batches.

I sincerely hope this problem will be fixed and that we users will have some recourse to a functional (and relatively quiet) kegging device.  The BrewFlo, if functioning properly would be a brilliantly designed piece of equipment.  We hope they get it working properly.  I have a substantial investment in it.

1 hour ago, Thagomizer said:

I have about given up on the BrewFlo. I have mastered the hookups and general kegging procedures, but the noise of dispensing beer -  which is something that sounds between a jackhammer and an injured duck - is totally unacceptable.  I am not surprised that the BrewFlo in currently "not available."  The compressor cycle is not a problem to me.  It is the noise of dispension that confounds me.  This problem has ensued over several batches.

I sincerely hope this problem will be fixed and that we users will have some recourse to a functional (and relatively quiet) kegging device.  The BrewFlo, if functioning properly would be a brilliantly designed piece of equipment.  We hope they get it working properly.  I have a substantial investment in it.

What noise is it making when you dispense a beer?

Is it just the compressor pressurising the keg or something else?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All

I picked up my Brewflow second hand and enjoy the idea of being able to poor a glass every day. I have 6 kegs on the go at any time. I have found on some that the compressor runs VERY often trying to keep pressure. After much chasing using foamy water I think I  have found the issue - the black top that screws onto the liners seems to be leaking air . The black cap has a rubber gasket imbeded on the bottom that seals onto the clear keg. I think this is leaking and letting out the air. The outcome is either compressor working hard to keep pressure, or I turn off the brewflow and lose head on the brew. 

Also, the brews are ok when they're first cracked as the liners hold the pressure when keg is full. It gets worse once the level drops and relies on air pressure to keep the head.

I'll see if I can get new black caps and fix it.

Apart from that the brews are great - Bavarian Lager was great, Stout is nice (if only it held a head), and next up is Ruby Porter and Dusk Cerveza.

Cheers

6 minutes ago, Parky Pete said:

Hi All

I picked up my Brewflow second hand and enjoy the idea of being able to poor a glass every day. I have 6 kegs on the go at any time. I have found on some that the compressor runs VERY often trying to keep pressure. After much chasing using foamy water I think I  have found the issue - the black top that screws onto the liners seems to be leaking air . The black cap has a rubber gasket imbeded on the bottom that seals onto the clear keg. I think this is leaking and letting out the air. The outcome is either compressor working hard to keep pressure, or I turn off the brewflow and lose head on the brew. 

Also, the brews are ok when they're first cracked as the liners hold the pressure when keg is full. It gets worse once the level drops and relies on air pressure to keep the head.

Apart from that the brews are great - Bavarian Lager was great, Stout is nice (if only it held a head), and next up is Ruby Porter and Dusk Cerveza.

Cheers

Hi Parky Pete, welcome to the forum. I don’t have a BrewFlo however there are some knowledgeable people here that will assist.

Nice selection of brews, love the Bavarian Lager and Dusk Cerveza. Actually love them all. Watch the Ruby Porter as it tends to overflow. Most of us tape a bag or chucks wipe to the Droid just where the lid outlet is (left hand side).

13 hours ago, Parky Pete said:

Hi All

Cheers

Hi Pete and welcome.

There are some keg caps that have flaws and/or if the ones you have are older they may have deteriorated over time.

You might be able to source some spares. Make contact with Brewart Support and see if they’re able to help you out.

Cheers.

Hi All. I have checked and found the black keg liner adapter has deteriorated with age and failed letting air out the outside of the keg. This means the compressor runs more trying to keep pressure.  I have 2x now with same issue. Brewart team have shipped me out new replacements, so hopefully that fixes the issue. In the meantime, I think I'll poor remaining brew into bottles with a couple of sugar drops to get a head back on it.

Cheers

• Upvote 1