Wanted to do a brewdog punk ipa

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
17 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Drinking the keg of this one now another 69 (giggity) days later.

The colour is slightly darker and the hops aroma is still very prominent. Overall it's much more balanced. A great IPA.

I'd need to go and buy a can of the original to be able to make any sort of useful comparison.

@Dustin Frothman how's it compare to our favourites , Pirate Life and Sierra Nevada? Just about to bottle again the Coopers Australian IPA with 50g of Vic Secret and Eclipse this time. Doing an Australian Brewery All star session IPA next using 25g of Cenntinal, Chinook, Amarillo and Mosaic. 

Edited by Robert Pretty

4 hours ago, Robert Pretty said:

@Dustin Frothman how's it compare to our favourites , Pirate Life and Sierra Nevada? Just about to bottle again the Coopers Australian IPA with 50g of Vic Secret and Eclipse this time. Doing an Australian Brewery All star session IPA next using 25g of Cenntinal, Chinook, Amarillo and Mosaic. 

Hey @Robert Pretty I think the Sierra Nevada is still my favourite with probably The Coopers Australian IPA in second and Pirate Life third.

It's a drier and less sweet take on an IPA which is how I recall the original. The hops mix is pretty unique and I'd say that's the Nelson standing out. It's one of those hop varieties that has quite a distinctive aroma.

1 hour ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Hey @Robert Pretty I think the Sierra Nevada is still my favourite with probably The Coopers Australian IPA in second and Pirate Life third.

It's a drier and less sweet take on an IPA which is how I recall the original. The hops mix is pretty unique and I'd say that's the Nelson standing out. It's one of those hop varieties that has quite a distinctive aroma.

@Dustin Frothman Nelson in the Sierra Nevada? I used 25g each of Crystal, Magnum, Centennial and Citra. As per shemsheet. Got the Pirate on the next order. Haven't done it for a while. Really enjoying the Cricketers Arms Pale 25g of Nelson Sauvin and Amarillo. Favorite hop combo at the moment is 25g Citra, Amarillo and Cenntinal, done it with the Jolly Roger base, and now the Coopers XPA base, next will be the west coast base.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...