Any tips to getting the keg full?

The first couple kegs I did, they filled perfectly, but the next few have stopped filling because of an air pocket between the top of the keg and the neck.

I have made sure the netting is on the inner bladder when filling, but that slips off way before it gets to this point.

Also my first brew the APA was pretty under carbed, first keg was fresh at 2 weeks, second keg was in the kegs for about 3.5 weeks with one of those weeks in the fridge.

IMG_1421.JPG

IMG_1422.JPG

Are you filling the kegs upside-down or in the keg caddy?

You'll probably find that carbonation improves if you leave the beer another week or two. Being in the fridge will stop the conditioning though, as the yeast needs to be at around room temperature to be active.

• Upvote 1

Hey Duffman,

no keg caddy, just use it on a shelf below the unit.

Thanks I'll leave the kegs a couple extra weeks and see if they improve.

Craig,

even with a completely full keg I have found the same, it's because there is 10l of water + ingredients, so it's normal to have more then the 10l total.

• Upvote 1

I have this with my kegs too and I dont use a caddy. 

Doesnt seem to affect performance and I like that there is more than 10L, as if I do two kegs, I can still get a bottle or two for 'sampling' before plumbing the kegs into the Brewflo. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Stuart Gibson said:

I have this with my kegs too and I dont use a caddy. 

Doesnt seem to affect performance and I like that there is more than 10L, as if I do two kegs, I can still get a bottle or two for 'sampling' before plumbing the kegs into the Brewflo. 

But aren't the samplers devoid of primer and sugar?

• 2 years later...
On 2/8/2017 at 6:46 PM, Shane Pfeiffer said:

I did one brew without the caddy. I couldn't get the key to fill completely. Now that I have the caddy, I have not had any issue getting the keg to fill completely.

This, my very first keg I did not invert. I thought something was wrong so I watched the video again and turning it upside down fixed the problem for every keg since.

• Upvote 1