Brewprint Ingredients Shipping Time

Hi all, long time reader first time poster. 😬

I'm about to start brewing with the Beerdroid. I picked up one secondhand and it's being brought up to me here in Brisbane in a few weeks.

How long does shipping usually take for ingredients purchased via the BrewArt store? I'd like to try and time my purchases so that they arrive around the same time.

Cheers,

Nick

1 hour ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Hi all, long time reader first time poster. 😬

I'm about to start brewing with the Beerdroid. I picked up one secondhand and it's being brought up to me here in Brisbane in a few weeks.

How long does shipping usually take for ingredients purchased via the BrewArt store? I'd like to try and time my purchases so that they arrive around the same time.

Cheers,

Nick

Hi Dustin, it is Covid unfortunately so times take a little more. Given you are in Brisbane though and that is where shipping comes from, it will only be a few days/week at tops.

When you get the ingredients though, put any yeast and hops in the fridge as soon as possible. What type of beers do you like brewing/drinking?

Also, please ask any questions you have, we have a few decent brewers on board who can give suggestions.

Edited by Rob Courtney
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

What type of beers do you like brewing/drinking?

Thanks Rob and Mark.

I mostly enjoy Pale Ales and Stouts. I'm planning to use the Brewprint ingredients as per Shem's spreadsheet. I'll experiment with some dry hopping and take things further from there as my experience grows.

I've read most of the content here and on the Facebook page so will try to avoid asking any of the questions that have been answered ad nauseam.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Mick said:

G'day Dustin

I ordered ingredients off the spreadsheet and took almost 3 weeks due to COVID 😭. Mind you i am all the way over here in WA.

Thankfully ordered enough for 6 brews

Mick

Cheers Mick. 

That's my plan too - a big order to last me a while. I just need the store to get some kegs back in stock.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Mick said:

G'day Dustin

I ordered ingredients off the spreadsheet and took almost 3 weeks due to COVID 😭. Mind you i am all the way over here in WA.

Mick

I think Paul84 at Pt Hedland waited over a month. I’ve been ordering extra ingredients so as to build up a bit of stock for extra brews not accounted. 

14 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Order placed Tuesday and delivered today - brilliant service. There were a lot of boxes - my building's regular parcel post guy looked amused.

Perfectly timed with my Droid and Flo arriving with a friend on Sunday. 🍻

Bloody hell, now that is fast. Ordered mine on Tues, told expect next Thursday. Not unusual as boxes for Adelaide go to the Sunshine Vic sorting facility first and sit there for days and days etc. But no longer get pissed off as learnt to have extra stocks.

13 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

The distribution centre is obviously here in the Greater Brisbane area which expedites things. Sadly freight is slow in SA in general.

Are the ingredients manufactured down there at Regency Park?

Some are like the the malt however the store warehouse for BrewArt and Coopers homebrew (tins/enhances etc) is just out of Brisbane as the cost to set up in Adelaide was to expensive both to open a warehouse and for state/overseas transport distribution.
Australia Post in its cost cutting exercise (at the expense of SA customer service & jobs) basically closed the major distribution centre here in lieu of high tech computerised centres at Sunshine Vic and now QLD. Not meaning to offend but let’s face it the Eastern States don’t give a toss about SA, WA or NT.

6 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

That's interesting.

You're right SA gets a poor deal. It doesn't offend me mate, I'm a South Aussie stuck in Brisbane for work. Have been trying to get home permanently for a while now.

No, new you were a good South Australian, you stated visiting some top Adelaide historic pubs 😊. News states QLD is next to be cleared by SA so home soon. (sorry thought you were stuck in Vic)

• Like 1

On 15/06/2020 at 2:17 PM, Mick said:

G'day Dustin

Mick

Hey Mick, 

Yeah i am up in Port Hedland and its snail mail up here. Shouldnt be too bad into Perth though.  I usually can easily add an extra day or three onto deliveries once they hit Perth . And Covid made it even longer again.. let us know if you ever need anything . I can express stuff down ( though you do have the beer shops i am lacking 🤣🤣🤣) . You in Perth ?