Coopers XPA Bottled

Hello All,

Bottled my first brew, Coopers XPA. The first pour came out with a lot of sediment but much better towards the end. Took samples in the middle and towards the end of bottling. First pour tasted odd, last pour was better but still hard to tell how it finally end up. Smelled great.

A lot darker than I expected but looking at other pictures seems close. I assume it will clear up some what during carbonation/secondary. I got a lot more beer than I expected but I think that is because of my experience with PicoBrew, that is only 5 liters and often some what less.

App says beer is on shelf and will be ready in 2 weeks. I will probably take a sampling then but would think longer until it's at it's best. Any thoughts?

So all in all a very nice experience. Bottling is so much easier but clean up a bit of a chore compared to the Pico's auto cleaning.

Cheers

Coopers XPA 0.jpeg

Coopers XPA 1.jpeg

Coopers XPA 2.jpeg

Bottled Beer.jpeg

Sediment in the first pour is due to it sitting in/close to the tap. You can pour off a bit in the beginning to avoid this. The XPA is fairly dark and I’d say 5 to 6 weeks is a reasonable time for the hops to infuse and flavours to develop however as you have bottled it is good to follow the development by having one at 2 weeks, 3, 4, 5 and 6 weeks.

In the main topic list under BrewArt Banter there is a thread titled “Bottled Beer Consumption Times”  which may help.

Edited by Barrelboy
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Couldn’t resist opening a day early. Carbonation is good. I will definitely leave for some extra time but first impression is pretty good. Having not ever had a XPA not really sure what it should be like. Has a bit of a strange finish but not unpleasant. Looks a little darker than the label but seems to match other pics I have seen. I will give it another two weeks to be considered ready.

But all in all for a first brew pretty happy. 

~Alan

73104343-0029-4615-85DB-9F03B30E7FCD.jpeg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alan Batchelor said:

Hi All

Couldn’t resist opening a day early. Carbonation is good. I will definitely leave for some extra time but first impression is pretty good. Having not ever had a XPA not really sure what it should be like. Has a bit of a strange finish but not unpleasant. Looks a little darker than the label but seems to match other pics I have seen. I will give it another two weeks to be considered ready.

But all in all for a first brew pretty happy. 

~Alan

73104343-0029-4615-85DB-9F03B30E7FCD.jpeg

Good looking drop Alan. The colour will lighten a bit over time but it’s close to what is expected.

• Thanks 1