Conditioning Timer

Hi @BrewArt Team ,

Would it be possible to update the app to enable the Conditioning Timer function to set greater than 50 days for kegs stored on a shelf?

If you could modify the scroller field to accept values up to 365 days that would be great. There are certainly some brews that would benefit from 6+ months of conditioning and the app is a great way to keep track.

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

On 10/07/2020 at 9:18 AM, BrewArt Team said:

G 'Day Dustin, 

That feature is already available. Jump in to your Shelf > Go to Kegs > Select a Keg >  and scroll the days up. 

Cheers

Thanks for the quick reply.

The maximum number of days that can be set is 50.

Is it possible to increase this in the next app update?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Thanks for the quick reply.

The maximum number of days that can be set is 50.

Is it possible to increase this in the next app update?

When I checked my kegs in the “Shelf” function on both my iPad and phone it shows the very first brew I did, over 15months ago and all brews can be scrolled down to the latest ones. Not sure why your shelf is restricted to 50.

4 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

When I checked my kegs in the “Shelf” function on both my iPad and phone it shows the very first brew I did, over 15months ago and all brews can be scrolled down to the latest ones. Not sure why your shelf is restricted to 50.

It's not the number of brews, rather the number of days you can set to condition each keg.

The scroller range is 0 - 50 so only a 7 week conditioning window is configurable unless you want to continually roll back the days over time.

23 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

It's not the number of brews, rather the number of days you can set to condition each keg.

The scroller range is 0 - 50 so only a 7 week conditioning window is configurable unless you want to continually roll back the days over time.

Oh, got it now. Actually thanks for that, didn’t know you could do it. A handy function.

😜

Edited by Barrelboy
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Alan Batchelor said:

Hi All, When kegs are put on shelf in the app, does it determine conditioning days for you automatically. I got into the habit of changing so never really paid attention if they were different for each brew.  I am just curious if the app is smart enough to suggest different days.

~Alan

The default setting is 2 weeks and you get a message at that time telling you the particular brew has finished conditioning. If you set your own number of days then you get the message when that time is up.

Mark, I figured. Maybe an updated in the app for the future. With all the data they have they must know roughly when a brew is ready in secondary or at least give a minimum days. I know it’s subjective but lawn mower was good early and never really changed much. Coopers XPA and Narci Citra for sure got better with age. Wishful thinking maybe but I get a sense that Brewart know 😃

~Alan 

42 minutes ago, Alan Batchelor said:

Mark, I figured. Maybe an updated in the app for the future. With all the data they have they must know roughly when a brew is ready in secondary or at least give a minimum days. I know it’s subjective but lawn mower was good early and never really changed much. Coopers XPA and Narci Citra for sure got better with age. Wishful thinking maybe but I get a sense that Brewart know 😃

~Alan 

“must know roughlywhen a brew is ready in secondary or at least give a minimum days.“ They do, 2 weeks from when the carbonation primer is used. It is standard in all brewing forms where a “sugar” is used for carbonation purposes taking into account you are storing at around 18C + .

You are correct in that it is subjective as to when you drink a particular brew, sample testing, which is noted somewhere *, over the years has given me a good indication as to when to drink to my liking.

Cheers Mark

*Bottled Beer Consumption Time? in BrewArt Banter thread

Edited by Barrelboy

23 minutes ago, Alan Batchelor said:

Very subjective but I think Brewart has a good idea that could help us. Ruby porter bottled August 8th. Phenomenal only 13 days in. Who would have thunk!

If I waited 30 Days not sure I would have loved the freshness I am enjoying right now!

~Alan

FBDBC5B7-3A86-4880-AE17-AD2035E2F83B.jpeg

Now you should note that somewhere so next time a 13 day try it is. I note the fermentation days for every brew thus gives a good indication when to dry hop. Works well, so far.

Ps A nice looking drop, good carbonation.

Edited by Barrelboy
  • Thanks 1

On 13/07/2020 at 10:50 AM, BrewArt Team said:

Thanks @Dustin Frothman

Well would you look at that.. I had no idea there was a limit.
I'll make the suggestion, but I'm pretty sure I've missed the upcoming release. It may have to be on the next one. 

Thanks for your suggestion 

Cheers

Thanks @BrewArt Team for getting this bug fix into the latest release. 🍻

• Upvote 1