Bentspoke Crankshaft / Sprocket IPA

Robert Pretty

2 hours ago, Robert Pretty said:

Love a good IPA. Anyone got a receipt for a Bentspoke Crankshaft or Sprocket IPA.? A couple of my favorites, at $100 a case. Would love do beerdroid this one. 

Thanks

This may get you close

2 x E1

1 x E5

3 x X1

Y1 yeast 
(about 6.5%)

Now at a slow boil 10g each cascade - D1, Simcoe - D4, citra - D6 hop pellets for 20min, at the 10 min left mark add 10g of each again.

Cool and add this to the Droid water, yeast and ingredients. Ale mode.

Dry hop, about day 6 or 7 - 20g galaxy hops.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

This may get you close

2 x E1

1 x E5

3 x X1

Y1 yeast 
(about 6.5%)

Now at a slow boil 10g each cascade - D1, Simcoe - D4, citra - D6 hop pellets for 20min, at the 10 min left mark add 10g of each again.

Hi all, How much water do you boil in?

23 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

This may get you close

2 x E1

1 x E5

3 x X1

Y1 yeast 
(about 6.5%)

@BarrelboyDo you have specific experience brewing a Crankshaft/Sprocket clone beer or do you know the original really well?

I'm interested in how you came up with the recipe. Are you able to run us through your method?

28 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

@BarrelboyDo you have specific experience brewing a Crankshaft/Sprocket clone beer or do you know the original really well?

I'm interested in how you came up with the recipe. Are you able to run us through your method?

No specific experience with these brews. What I generally do is search for clone recipes and work out the base. In this particular case the base is a can of Coopers Pale Ale. Therefore from the Brewart recipe ingredients the E and X values are selected. The recipe then calls for the addition of light dry malt extract so add the extra X1 for 10l, then the hop recipe requirements (converted to the Brewart D range), halved for a 10l brew. Then the yeast conversion.

Does this help?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

No specific experience with these brews. What I generally do is search for clone recipes and work out the base. In this particular case the base is a can of Coopers Pale Ale. Therefore from the Brewart recipe ingredients the E and X values are selected. The recipe then calls for the addition of light dry malt extract so add the extra X1 for 10l, then the hop recipe requirements (converted to the Brewart D range), halved for a 10l brew. Then the yeast conversion.

Does this help?

Jeebers, that is really clever and so simple at the same time

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Robert Pretty said:

I think there needs to be some mosaic in there somewhere. I think this might be light on in the hop scale . Maybe double the galaxy to 40g.

Currently a total of 80g  in hops for a 10l batch and wonder if an extra 20g of galaxy will dominate and over power the other hops and base malts?