Brewflo usage

Paddy

Hi folks

Whilst I've been waiting for my BrewFlo to arrive I've been wondering about how I will actually use it. Do people put a keg in and leave it on until it's finished, even if it might be a week or two? Do you swap unfinished kegs in and out, and if so, do you use a new beer line or clean it each time?

I also noted a 10hr chilling time, think I need to think about some sort of bar fridge.

I've watched the videos, any other tips most welcome.

Paddy

Once the beer is conditioned you can leave it in the BrewFlo for pretty much as long as you'd like. If you're swapping kegs in and out, be careful not to knock around the loops on the beer line too much, as it can cause leaks (you can just push the loops back further into the beer line). You'll want to replace the beer line once a week if the BrewFlo is turned on, or every four days if off to prevent it tainting the beer.

I normally chuck my kegs in the night before I want to drink them. They're always cool by 5 o'clock (or even noon/brunch ;) ). If you like icy cold beer be sure to chill your glasses in the freezer!

I usually pre-chill my kegs in the fridge until I'm ready to pour from the BrewFlo.

My kegs usually only last a couple of days and I mainly use the BrewFlo on weekends.

If I haven't finished the keg by then I take it out of the BrewFlo and put it back in the fridge and turn the BrewFlo off.

Luckily I have a spare fridge that I use for beer so I have plenty of room to keep the keg cold.

The liner being pressed fully against the wall can indicate the keg isn't maintaining air pressure properly. The beer won't be flat, but you might get an E3 error when you put in in the BrewFlo. You might want to check the air valve and collar are done up correct.

Had a look at mine and the liner is pressed up alot harder than when I first kegged, but as I rotate the keg around I can see a small area where the air is trapped and the liner sits away from the plastic.

Keen to know how the red pours Peter. 

....Back to the original topic....pre-chill in fridge. Leave in Brewflo until consumed, which is less than a week.

Have reused beer lines. Keep em clean and you will be ok. I only reuse them a couple times. 

Nice pour Peter. 

This gives me the courage to crank out my own keg during the week. 

I am a little gun shy with the brewflo, since I have had ordinary to horrible experiences with it.

Seems links and pics get hidden until admin moderators check it out and authorise it for publication. 

Archived