Beerdroid storage

Sondre Sørensen

43 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

Highest temp? Not sure perhaps 30C. Lowest temp as per storage mode 4C. 
The manual for the Droid is in BrewArt 101

Here it is “

Set propagation temperature
k Use the  and  arrows on
the control panel to adjust the propagate temperature (max: 30°C/86°F, and min: 5°C/41°F). The temperature will stop flashing if the temperature is adjusted.
k When the desired propagate temperature has been reached press the  on the control panel to save.

BEERDROID INSTRUCTIONS
Set fermentation temperature
the control panel to adjust the ferment temperature (max: 30°C/86°F, and min: 5°C/41°F). 

Set kegging temperature
the keg temperature (max: 30°C/86°F, and min: 5°C/41°F). The temperature will stop flashing if the temperature is adjusted.

the store temperature

(max: 7°C/45°F, and min: 3°C/37°F). 

Cheers Mark

10 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Here it is “

Set propagation temperature
k Use the  and  arrows on
the control panel to adjust the propagate temperature (max: 30°C/86°F, and min: 5°C/41°F). The temperature will stop flashing if the temperature is adjusted.
k When the desired propagate temperature has been reached press the  on the control panel to save.

BEERDROID INSTRUCTIONS
Set fermentation temperature
the control panel to adjust the ferment temperature (max: 30°C/86°F, and min: 5°C/41°F). 

Set kegging temperature
the keg temperature (max: 30°C/86°F, and min: 5°C/41°F). The temperature will stop flashing if the temperature is adjusted.

the store temperature

(max: 7°C/45°F, and min: 3°C/37°F). 

Cheers Mark

Thank you. Im going to order the beerdroid and use MyUs as a shipping forward agent to get it to Norway. I really want to buy brewprints as well but im pretty sure that the US customs will not be happy cause they contains chemical substances. The beerdroid is not a problem getting imported but im a little skeptical about the brewprints

16 minutes ago, Sondre Sørensen said:

Thank you. Im going to order the beerdroid and use MyUs as a shipping forward agent to get it to Norway. I really want to buy brewprints as well but im pretty sure that the US customs will not be happy cause they contains chemical substances. The beerdroid is not a problem getting imported but im a little skeptical about the brewprints

Great Sondre, you will not regret the unit. Remember you can use any wort in the Droid, kit, purchased, all grain and from the BrewPrint recipes purchase your own ingredients locally. Let us know how you go and contact BrewArt about posting ingredients.

Cheers Mark.

2 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

Great Sondre, you will not regret the unit. Remember you can use any wort in the Droid, kit, purchased, all grain and from the BrewPrint recipes purchase your own ingredients locally. Let us know how you go and contact BrewArt about posting ingredients.

Cheers Mark.

I cant wait. Last time I had this feeling I was maybe 5 years old sitting under the christmas tree opening gifts. I will keep you updated. I will also send brewart a mail and ask if it is legal to ship brewprints outside the US. They have some brewprints there that im sure I would like even though I havent tasted it

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Sondre Sørensen said:

Hi @Sondre Sørensen

The US BeerDroid operates at 110V 60Hz, the voltage in Norway (and Europe in general) is 220V 50Hz.

It would be better to import the Australian model as that runs the same as the European voltage/frequency.

Putting very hot liquid like wort into the BeerDroid would not be a very good idea, I doubt the plastics have been designed for that.

Cheers.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Furthermore as the Droid only operates to a maximum of 30C I would suggest no hotter than that be poured into the droid.

Cheers

I remember chatting to Liam one time and he said 40 degrees was the maximum tem you'd put into the droid because any hotter would affect the plastic that the droid is molded from. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, xpsTech said:

Hi @Sondre Sørensen

The US BeerDroid operates at 110V 60Hz, the voltage in Norway (and Europe in general) is 220V 50Hz.

It would be better to import the Australian model as that runs the same as the European voltage/frequency.

Putting very hot liquid like wort into the BeerDroid would not be a very good idea, I doubt the plastics have been designed for that.

Cheers.

Okay. So if I buy directly from the brewart store it will be 220v system? Its a little sad cause amazon sells it for 449$

1 hour ago, Sondre Sørensen said:

Okay. So if I buy directly from the brewart store it will be 220v system? Its a little sad cause amazon sells it for 449$

True but that is American dollars, your currency buys twice as much Aussie dollars than American. Unsure what shipping costs would be though, imagine it won't be cheap but...when I made the investment into Brewart, I rationalised I would need o use it for 2 years to break even/be ahead in comparison to buying beer, so it is a long term deal but I am just coming up on 2 years. Sure I have major liver issues, people cross the road when I am walking down the street, a few have gotten drunk standing down wind of me but I have almost broke even now.

Anyways, if you do look to go the Aussie route

https://www.ausff.com.au/norway/

These guys deliver from Aus to Norway. Oh, the link is safe as well, I wouldn't put one up that wasn't

Edited by Rob Courtney
  • Upvote 2

Its true words you folks say. I will order directly from the brewstore store so I dont need to hassle with buying step down converter and such. Any of you guys know if I order brewprints if they will send them out of Australia? In Norway its legal substances but I know that Australia is very strict with imports but im not sure how they handle exports

6 minutes ago, Sondre Sørensen said:

Its true words you folks say. I will order directly from the brewstore store so I dont need to hassle with buying step down converter and such. Any of you guys know if I order brewprints if they will send them out of Australia? In Norway its legal substances but I know that Australia is very strict with imports but im not sure how they handle exports

I think if you use a freight forwarder / shipping service like Rob quoted above you will be OK as the liability rests with them once the product leaves Brewart's depot.

16 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Sondre, that will let you purchase from the US and ship to Norway, but if you wish to purchase from Australia directly then Rob's suggestion above would be more suitable.

Okay. So I cant use MyUs and ship it to the adress that I recieved there? Would you please send me the link to robs so im doing it the correct way?

2 minutes ago, Sondre Sørensen said:

Okay. So I cant use MyUs and ship it to the adress that I recieved there? Would you please send me the link to robs so im doing it the correct way?

You could use them but you won't get the version with the correct transformer. If you order The Australian version you won't need the step down.

Here's Rob's suggestion:

10 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

You could use them but you won't get the version with the correct transformer. If you order The Australian version you won't need the step down.

Here's Rob's suggestion:

I just looked up the shipping costs. Lowest price would be 221 AUD which is very expensive. Are you sure I cant use MyUs as a forward agent? That I cant buy from brewart and ship it to the adress that I recieved? Maybe I can just  write to them that I wish to get the 220v version?

7 minutes ago, Sondre Sørensen said:

I just looked up the shipping costs. Lowest price would be 221 AUD which is very expensive. Are you sure I cant use MyUs as a forward agent? That I cant buy from brewart and ship it to the adress that I recieved? Maybe I can just  write to them that I wish to get the 220v version?

It's highly unlikely that they will distribute the 220v version in a 120v market.

Perhaps contact Brewart in Australia directly and see if they're willing to work something out for you.

Edited by Dustin Frothman

14 hours ago, xpsTech said:

Hi @Sondre Sørensen

Keep in mind when I say this, Physics is my kryptonite (strangely, very good at maths but explain a Physics theory to me and you won't be doing it once) could you just use a travel adaptor to run the American droid in Norway?

41 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Keep in mind when I say this, Physics is my kryptonite (strangely, very good at maths but explain a Physics theory to me and you won't be doing it once) could you just use a travel adaptor to run the American droid in Norway?

Yes I can use a travel adaptor. I can also go to my local electric goods store and buy a power socket identical to the one on the beerdroid, only difference is that the plug is EU cord

The travel adaptor will make the plug fit, it won't do anything to convert the voltage.

Most small electronic devices, mobile phones, laptops etc are rated from 110V-220V 50Hz-60Hz operation, that's why you can get away with just a travel adaptor. 

Anything that has an AC motor in it, e.g. a refrigerator, a BeerDroid, will need to be run  at their specified voltage otherwise the compressor motor will suffer. Running a US rated motor at European voltages will burn the motor windings. The other way around will result in the motor being under powered and maybe not starting. The frequency differences are less of an issue but ideally for optimum motor performance you'd want these to match the motor also.

So if you want to proceed with the US option, you will need a step down transformer. With the AU option, you just need to buy a power cord from you local shop.

One more thing to consider is warranty, I'd check with BrewArt to see where you would stand on this, you may also ask them on their plans to release into the European market, I heard it was on the cards but I don't know the timing.

Good luck!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1