Beerdroid ordering issues -US

Roman Kanivets

I ordered the Droid on Oct 8th, and the order is approaching 3 weeks. I tried contacting the support to figure out what the in shipping status meant after waiting over 2 weeks. The answer I received is that there were some part missing and that my order should ship around the 19th. It's now the 28th and it appears my order still hasn't shipped. Upon trying to reach out to the support via phone I wait in queue and get disconnected, and not getting any replies via email. Not sure what to do at this point.

Edited by Roman Kanivets

18 minutes ago, Roman Kanivets said:

I ordered the Droid on Oct 8th, and the order is approaching 3 weeks. I tried contacting the support to figure out what the in shipping status meant after waiting over 2 weeks. The answer I received is that there were some part missing and that my order should ship around the 19th. It's now the 28th and it appears my order still hasn't shipped. Upon trying to reach out to the support via phone I wait in queue and get disconnected, and not getting any replies via email. Not sure what to do at this point.

WelcomeRoman. I’ll link this to the BrewArt Team and you should get an answer very soon.

Hi @BrewArt TeamRoman has a problem with contact and delivery. 
Thanks, Mark.

5 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

I’ll link this to the BrewArt Team and you should get an answer very soon.

Thanks @Captain 3 Droids ,

G 'Day @Roman Kanivets,
I'm sorry to hear you're having problems getting in touch with our Customer Support team. 
Unfortunately I can't see US orders, but I'll shoot you a PM, and grab some details to forward on to our team. 
Cheers

Had a similar issue. Ordered three new brew prints on Oct 14 and it's been "In Shipping" ever since.

I get there is a pandemic so I don't hold it against them but would be nice to at least be informed why it's delayed if thats what's going on. 

Edited by Beer Monkey

2 hours ago, Beer Monkey said:

Had a similar issue. Ordered three new brew prints on Oct 14 and it's been "In Shipping" ever since.

I get there is a pandemic so I don't hold it against them but would be nice to at least be informed why it's delayed if thats what's going on. 

Hi Beer Monkey, Has the issue be solved? If not I’ll refer to the BreaArt team for you.

Cheers, Mark 

8 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Hi Beer Monkey, Has the issue be solved? If not I’ll refer to the BreaArt team for you.

Cheers, Mark 

Is anyone sure that the US BrewArt is still in operation?

I ordered from them over a month ago and they immediately responded but contacted them for a question over a week ago and no response

Would like to order additional Brewprints but a bit concerned.  Wow this could suck.

• Upvote 1

@Andy @Beer Monkey, I'm sorry about the delays you're experiencing. I can assure you that BrewArt US is still in operation. There have been some adjustments to working arrangements during the Pandemic so this is slowing things down a little. 
I'll get in touch with you both via PM to grab some additional details and I'll forward them on to our US Support team. 

Cheers  

59 minutes ago, BrewArt Team said:

@Andy @Beer Monkey, I'm sorry about the delays you're experiencing. I can assure you that BrewArt US is still in operation. There have been some adjustments to working arrangements during the Pandemic so this is slowing things down a little. 
I'll get in touch with you both via PM to grab some additional details and I'll forward them on to our US Support team. 

Cheers  

It has to be acknowledged, well done again BrewArt.

4 minutes ago, Beer Monkey said:

Thanks @Captain 3 Droids  got a DM and replied.

I assumed the delays were due to the pandemic and while waiting sucks, people keeping safe and healthy is more important. Still have some Wicked Night Pumpkin Ale left and loving the flavors so I'm good for a little while longer.

Are you near a homebrew store? If so and you need to brew, get a tin of one of the Mr Beer choices, dissolve it and add to the droid to 10l. add the yeast and dry hop later.

Hi everyone, the response I got from support is that they are waiting on shipment, and it should come in on 11/14. The tech that replied to me also mentioned something about having emails going to a different mailbox, so that was causing delays. Seems like most brewprit related orders are the cause of the delay. 

Edited by Roman Kanivets
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Are you near a homebrew store? If so and you need to brew, get a tin of one of the Mr Beer choices, dissolve it and add to the droid to 10l. add the yeast and dry hop later.

They sell those on amazon with prime shipping too. Might give that a try when I have the droid hopefully later this month. 

On a side note this community is awesome. Would have probably canceled my order if it wasn't for all the help. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Roman Kanivets said:

They sell those on amazon with prime shipping too. Might give that a try when I have the droid hopefully later this month. 

On a side note this community is awesome. Would have probably canceled my order if it wasn't for all the help. 

Glad you didn’t do that, they are exceptional units and the results just the best. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Roman Kanivets said:

You'll be happy you didn't cancel the order, I got the droid and the brewflow and they are probably one of my favorite purchases this past year and once the pandemic eases and deliveries get back to normal its even better.

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, Beer Monkey said:

You'll be happy you didn't cancel the order, I got the droid and the brewflow and they are probably one of my favorite purchases this past year and once the pandemic eases and deliveries get back to normal its even better.

Yah the machine looks incredible, can't wait to make my first brew. You prefer kegging to bottling? I got some of the PET bottles for now, but am considering getting the brewflow once it's in stock. Still on the fence with the price and people having issues with keg liners though.

I think I just became spoiled with amazon's 2 day shipping lol. Wish brewart sold more stuff on amazon.

Edited by Roman Kanivets
  • Upvote 1

If I hadn't picked up the BrewFlow at the same time I would have stayed with bottling which I was doing prior to getting the droid. 

Had some issues with the keg liners but most of them are quirks that you figure out and aren't an issue anymore.

Issue 1 - Applying the cap to the keg liner

Attaching the keg liner to the cap is not as easy as they show you in their video. You have to apply even force to the cap to get it to thread onto the liner properly. I lost my first brew because I didn't do that right and during fermentation it just came out into the keg itself.

Issue 2 - Uneven filling

I didn't pick up the keg caddy and filled them like they explain in the video. Problem there is that the keg fills unevenly, and you end up with space that your brew doesn't fill. Found a couple of solutions here on the forums about how to deal with that (tip it upside down and give it a little shake then keep filling) but my new preferred method is to mimic the keg caddy and that is to have the keg upside down while filling. I just hold it below the droid level and it fills perfectly.

Yeah same here, Amazon has ruined deliveries for us all 😀

Edited by Beer Monkey
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Beer Monkey said:

If I hadn't picked up the BrewFlow at the same time I would have stayed with bottling which I was doing prior to getting the droid. 

Had some issues with the keg liners but most of them are quirks that you figure out and aren't an issue anymore.

Issue 1 - Applying the cap to the keg liner

Attaching the keg liner to the cap is not as easy as they show you in their video. You have to apply even force to the cap to get it to thread onto the liner properly. I lost my first brew because I didn't do that right and during fermentation it just came out into the keg itself.

Issue 2 - Uneven filling

I didn't pick up the keg caddy and filled them like they explain in the video. Problem there is that the keg fills unevenly, and you end up with space that your brew doesn't fill. Found a couple of solutions here on the forums about how to deal with that (tip it upside down and give it a little shake then keep filling) but my new preferred method is to mimic the keg caddy and that is to have the keg upside down while filling. I just hold it below the droid level and it fills perfectly.

Yeah same here, Amazon has ruined deliveries for us all 😀

Wow that is great info thank you! The liner issues really had me worried especially with the amount of posts popping up on the FB group. 

I think the main motivator for getting the flow for me is because some people are saying the brew tastes better, and I think you can store/ mature it for a longer period (not sure about this one). The lesser one is I think it's faster and less of a haste since you just change the liner no need to sanitize. Will most likely get both eventually and do 50/50 to figure out when to drink the beer. 

I'm a little surprised they didn't include the caddy with the kegging starter pack if it makes such a difference. 

• Upvote 1

I haven't bottled with the droid so I can't say whether it is better but it definitely feels good, pouring your own beers from the tap has a special place in the enjoyment of the beer. The other benefit of kegs is that you only need to fill two things instead of however many bottles it takes, and you don't need the carbonation tablets. Still, I think going for the droid first makes a lot of sense and see how often you use it. Up until now I have brewed non-stop since I got it in May (I bought mine as a set from Amazon) until now.

The fact the caddy has such an impact on filling kegs, it's a shame they didn't include it with the droid by default. I guess if not everyone will use it then it could be wasted money for them to include it for everyone. I might pick one up but right now holding it upside down while filling isn't a problem so we'll see.

Edited by Beer Monkey
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2