3 hours ago, Alan Batchelor said:

Hi All,

Winging it with an attempt at a RYE IPA. Briess RYE LMA and Safale-04 yeast. Will dry hop with small amount of Cascade 4 or 5 days in. At EOF 25g of Amarillo and Cascade each. Decided to use the whole can rather than 1/2. Added a little extra water, around 11l. 🤞

~Alan

46F0661D-8737-4111-94DE-D540322E6EB0.jpeg

Great stuff, let us know how this progresses. Got a cloth ready for potential overflow due to 11 litres, full can? (This is no major concern)

cheers

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alan Batchelor said:

Hi All,

Winging it with an attempt at a RYE IPA. Briess RYE LMA and Safale-04 yeast. Will dry hop with small amount of Cascade 4 or 5 days in. At EOF 25g of Amarillo and Cascade each. Decided to use the whole can rather than 1/2. Added a little extra water, around 11l. 🤞

~Alan

Very interested to see how this turns out . Ive had Rye IPAs and rate them. Had a Sazerac Rye IPA too and that was great .

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Alan Batchelor said:

Hi All,

~Alan

Sounds great. Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.

• Like 1

Will keep you all informed. I expect a little leakage due to the extra water and full can rather than 1/2. The briess site does not say how much it makes. 1/2 seemed to look good when creating my first couple of brews. But looking at this site https://brewferm.com/collections/beer-kits  it states 3.3lbs makes 12l. So I am assuming the Briess are much the same. By the way some great looking kits on the Brewferm site 🙂

Any fingers crossed not to much leakage and a great beer comes out in the end..

~Alan

• 2 months later...

@Paul84 so cracked the Rye after 60 days. Some nice carbonation but a tad citrusy. I think I put too much Citra but a very pleasant brew and getting better. This beer is better suited to drink not ice cold, 45f (7c) seems much better. Not sure if you have tried any Rodenback biers but very similar. Tad bitter with a hint of sour (lot of Citra I think).

Excuse the crap pour. Some of my beers have been a tad under carbonated. A quick pour gives a nice head. This is perfectly carbonated. Still a reasonable head retention after 5 mins..

Cheers
Alan

746186FB-31B3-477D-8C5D-EEA46C854233.jpeg

51E4B366-8760-4190-97E9-59CBC6F6F0D5.jpeg

16 hours ago, Alan Batchelor said:

@Paul84 so cracked the Rye after 60 days. Some nice carbonation but a tad citrusy. I think I put too much Citra but a very pleasant brew and getting better. This beer is better suited to drink not ice cold, 45f (7c) seems much better. Not sure if you have tried any Rodenback biers but very similar. Tad bitter with a hint of sour (lot of Citra I think).

Excuse the crap pour. Some of my beers have been a tad under carbonated. A quick pour gives a nice head. This is perfectly carbonated. Still a reasonable head retention after 5 mins..

Cheers
Alan

746186FB-31B3-477D-8C5D-EEA46C854233.jpeg

51E4B366-8760-4190-97E9-59CBC6F6F0D5.jpeg

Looks Good. Fairly small Brewart community in New England but I'm starting up with a Beerdroid in Rhode Island. All the best,

Tim