The Multi-Droid Club

I’ll finally be joining the club this week when droid 2 arrives in the post. It’s quite exciting.

Is there some sort of initiation ritual or coronation I should start preparing myself for?

Will I be renamed Dustin “2 Droids” Frothman? Captain is already taken ...

Finally looking forward to upping my production beyond the brews we enjoy each week.

😍

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

I’ll finally be joining the club this week when droid 2 arrives in the post. It’s quite exciting.

Is there some sort of initiation ritual or coronation I should start preparing myself for?

Will I be renamed Dustin “2 Droids” Frothman? Captain is already taken ...

Finally looking forward to upping my production beyond the brews we enjoy each week.

😍

2 droids would put you at “Sargent 2 Droids Frothman” 😅

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Well it had to happen, 3 Droids, 3 different brews fermenting, prepared on different days. Mother’s Day the 3 of them bloody well went into EOF, keg! Did one yesterday and 2 today and it wasn’t good. No more two together, If it (when) happens again I’ll only do one each day (l think)

Mrs 3 Droids must have been impressed ...

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

IMG_3432.thumb.jpg.2473ae4d44b4aac962dbce0bcf35e714.jpg

I'm not sure if it's the lockdown or because I need to get a move on brewing these Winter beers so that I can move onto the Spring/Summer stuff, but I did a bit of rearranging and finally got Droid #2 going tonight. I had to move the BrewFlo to do this so it's just a temporary home until we're allowed to go out to buy shelving. The foam packaging the box came in quite handy and allows me to insert the keg caddy and clear Mr Washing Machine below.

I promised the wife I'd only run one brew in here like this. 🥴

I ran the firmware update and added it to my account. So yeah, "Dustin Frothman" do your thing buddy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

droids.thumb.jpg.9d8de3a13b212c2eb2627b1923031d95.jpg

I haven't got the "wife approved" shelving yet so this solution is working well for now and keeps Droid #2 out of the laundry.

That foam packaging sure comes in handy.

There's a picture hook in the wall above there. Perhaps I could pop a nice framed photo of @Captain 3 Droids  our resident Brewmaster up there for good fortune.

25 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

I haven't got the "wife approved" shelving yet so this solution is working well for now and keeps Droid #2 out of the laundry.

There's a picture hook in the wall above there. Perhaps I could pop a nice framed photo of @Captain 3 Droids  our resident Brewmaster up there for good fortune.

Ha, I put a temporary solution  for mine in place about 2 years ago now...

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

I understand

A2956857-4F8D-4BBE-8E18-86EC5DC8B1DA.thumb.png.31426918d4457cddcea7a9524cdeaded.png

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

Don’t get me wrong, 3 Droids is a ripper however like am today 2 of them went into EOF, ready to keg mode. Now I had 2 empty awaiting 10l kegs so I thought I’ll do one today and one tomorrow however after doing the first I though an idle Droid isn’t productive efficiency, it has to be done. So am today, 2 Droids kegged, cleaned, sanitised and new recipes a brewing.

Thank heavens it’s “pissed head Sunday”.🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Don’t get me wrong, 3 Droids is a ripper however like am today 2 of them went into EOF, ready to keg mode. Now I had 2 empty awaiting 10l kegs so I thought I’ll do one today and one tomorrow however after doing the first I though an idle Droid isn’t productive efficiency, it has to be done. So am today, 2 Droids kegged, cleaned, sanitised and new recipes a brewing.

Thank heavens it’s “pissed head Sunday”.🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻

I was in the same situation the other week. 2 brews to keg, 2 droids to clean, 2 new brews to put on.

That was the best part of an entire late afternoon/evening.

1 minute ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

Not a bad life style here. I have been here over 36 years. I'm on a 1/2 Acre block so not too restricting. 

Lovely part of town mate. I have an old school friend living in the area and looking after his parents there.

I've been gone from Melbourne a long time but your neck of the woods will always evoke some nice memories. 👍

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

How long does it take you to keg/bottle, clean droid and put a new brew in?

I should add that I double filter my brew water these days. That is, I have an under-sink filter in line with my mains supply and then I filter that water through a Brita jug and into my 10L water jerrycan. (I should probably get a 20L one now that I have two Droids ... )

The water comes out of the kitchen tap at or near mains pressure but the Brita jug process takes a couple of minutes per 1.5L jug.

If I'm really organised then I start getting the brew water ready the day before but if I'm putting on 2 brews at once then there's some overhead regardless.

Oh and then I rinse out and recycle all of the ingredients packets - because you can ... so by the time this is done I'm ready for a nap. 🥱

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

I should add that I double filter my brew water these days. That is, I have an under-sink filter in line with my mains supply and then I filter that water through a Brita jug and into my 10L water jerrycan. (I should probably get a 20L one now that I have two Droids ... )

The water comes out of the kitchen tap at or near mains pressure but the Brita jug process takes a couple of minutes per 1.5L jug.

If I'm really organised then I start getting the brew water ready the day before but if I'm putting on 2 brews at once then there's some overhead regardless.

Oh and then I rinse out and recycle all of the ingredients packets - because you can ... so by the time this is done I'm ready for a nap. 🥱

Does filtered water really make that much of a difference?

3 minutes ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

Does filtered water really make that much of a difference?

In South Australia it does, I filter only the once via a filter.

Using Adelaide water as well for drinking and brewing but have it run though a single pura filter to remove any impurities and chlorine mainly.

Edited by Captain 3 Droids
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

In South Australia it does, I filter only the once via a filter.

Using Adelaide water as well for drinking and brewing but have it run though a single pura filter to remove any impurities and chlorine mainly.

In Victoria we have some of the best water in Australia with only Tasmania being better so I can't see how it would benefit me using filtered water in my brews.🤔