EOF

Here’s something of interest. The BrewArt recipe details advise the Chez Pilsner will, as a guide take 8 to 11 days to ferment. I have in the past brew this 7 times with the following fermentation time 9; 11; 10; 10; 11; 11; and 10 days. However the one currently in the Droid has advised EOF ready to keg after 6 days!? I was going to dry hop on day 7 (tomorrow) however have done it today. On removal of the lid there were numerous bubbles on the surface and I would say fermentation isn’t complete. (I will leave for 48hrs)
To be honest since the new dry hop program that predicts 2 days prior to EOF to add the hops I have been suspicious that although not using this program some EOF’s are finishing earlier than before. (supported by my recordings and brewing appearances on kegging).

Now this also seems to be supported by @Dustin Frothman experiment that for him at least has solved over carbonation, frothing of the BrewFlo kegs by leaving the beer for 48 hours after EOF notification.

Other opinions? @BrewArt Team for your thoughts

4 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Here’s something of interest. The BrewArt recipe details advise the Chez Pilsner will, as a guide take 8 to 11 days to ferment. I have in the past brew this 7 times with the following fermentation time 9; 11; 10; 10; 11; 11; and 10 days. However the one currently in the Droid has advised EOF ready to keg after 6 days!? I was going to dry hop on day 7 (tomorrow) however have done it today. On removal of the lid there were numerous bubbles on the surface and I would say fermentation isn’t complete. (I will leave for 48hrs)
To be honest since the new dry hop program that predicts 2 days prior to EOF to add the hops I have been suspicious that although not using this program some EOF’s are finishing earlier than before. (supported by my recordings and brewing appearances on kegging).

Now this also seems to be supported by @Dustin Frothman experiment that for him at least has solved over carbonation, frothing of the BrewFlo kegs by leaving the beer for 48 hours after EOF notification.

G 'Day Captain!

I've taken a look at your recent Czech Pils and can see the Fermentation had finished. It's always a good idea to Dry Hop with a little bit of fermentation activity as this can assist with scrubbing introduced oxygen. 

The main reason your Czech Pils fermented quickly is because your lager was fermented at Ale temperatures. 
As the saying goes: Leave Lagers Lower Longer. The Ale temps have allowed this yeast to have a party and metabolize the sugars in 6 days as opposed to the usual 8-11. 

Cheers

Now Captain, don't you DARE self flagellate.  What you've done is an act of mad genius!

You've made a Czech Pilsner California Common (aka STEAM)  C3D CPCC I believe you've created the next Hot microBrew Label!!!!  🙂

• Haha 1

On 29/06/2021 at 8:52 AM, Captain 3 Droids said:

Did you use a Y2 yeast?