Cooper’s Session Ale?

K. C.

My recent delivery included a Cooper’s Session Ale instead of a Cooper’s Pacific Pale Ale.

I received:

2 -X1

1- X2

Y7

2 -H4

I didn’t notice until everything was dumped into the droid tonight and I was about to load up the ale from the app and noticed it should have come with dry hops. That’s when I started double checking everything.  I guess my brain never noticed the different label until now.  Why can’t I find the Cooper’s Session Ale online to start the brew?  Was it discontinued and then, how old is this brewprint?

So I tried to cross reference Shem Sheet to the ingredients previously posted and I can’t find anything that matches, including Session Ale, which I did happen to find on the sheet?  What the heck am I brewing right now?

F729C9E4-4F44-440F-9D90-4BEB55818F8B.jpeg

Edited by K. C.

58 minutes ago, K. C. said:

So I tried to cross reference Shem Sheet to the ingredients previously posted and I can’t find anything that matches, including Session Ale, which I did happen to find on the sheet?  What the heck am I brewing right now?

F729C9E4-4F44-440F-9D90-4BEB55818F8B.jpeg

Hi K. C.  BrewArt with the BrewPrints changed the name of the Session Ale to the Coopers Pacific Ale. However your ingredients listed above don’t match. You should have got 2 x E5; 2 x X1; Y2 yeast and dry hop D7 (Galaxy)

4 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Hi K. C.  BrewArt with the BrewPrints changed the name of the Session Ale to the Coopers Pacific Ale. However your ingredients listed above don’t match. You should have got 2 x E5; 2 x X1; Y2 yeast and dry hop D7 (Galaxy)

I have no idea what I’m making with the ingredients I wrote in the original post?

Any ideas what this might turn out like? Is it even worth finishing out the brew? It seems like I got a random box strewn together.

9 minutes ago, K. C. said:

I have no idea what I’m making with the ingredients I wrote in the original post?

Any ideas what this might turn out like? Is it even worth finishing out the brew? It seems like I got a random box strewn together.

Don’t discard, there are 2 issues 1) Y7 is a lager yeast (can be used with an ale) so if you haven’t set a program yet then will suggest Lager mode. 2) you need to have an element in there so I’m suggesting an E1 and an E5 if you have them and add now.  If you have the hops dry hop with Galaxy H6 or D7 this will give you something very similar to Lion City Lager. If no hops you will still have a enjoyable lager.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Don’t discard, there are 2 issues 1) Y7 is a lager yeast (can be used with an ale) so if you haven’t set a program yet then will suggest Lager mode. 2) you need to have an element in there so I’m suggesting an E1 and an E5 if you have them and add now.  If you have the hops dry hop with Galaxy H6 or D7 this will give you something very similar to Lion City Lager. If no hops you will still have a enjoyable lager.

So I took an E1 from the Thomas Cooper’s Artisan Reserve and dumped it in.  I’m about 12 hours into the program. Should I cancel the genera Ale program and restart it on Lager?

The only hops I have are the H4 ones that came in this mishmashed box

1 hour ago, K. C. said:

So I took an E1 from the Thomas Cooper’s Artisan Reserve and dumped it in.  I’m about 12 hours into the program. Should I cancel the genera Ale program and restart it on Lager?

I'd go for the ride to be honest, leave it be, and let the beer gods sort it out

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, K. C. said:

Great, H4 will be excellent, I wouldn’t stop the program now, it will be ok to brew as an ale. (I did a Czech Pilsner as an a,e and it turn out just great. You will have good brew.

• 1 month later...

Turned out ok. Not something I’d buy again, or mix & match together again.  I’m disappointed in Brewart as I tried to contact them numerous times about their error and never heard from them. All I wanted was an E1 shipped to me so I could have all the ingredients for my Cooper’s Artisan Reserve. I’m short an element for that brew now too since I had to borrow an element  for this mixup brew. 

2 hours ago, K. C. said:

Turned out ok. Not something I’d buy again, or mix & match together again.  I’m disappointed in Brewart as I tried to contact them numerous times about their error and never heard from them. All I wanted was an E1 shipped to me so I could have all the ingredients for my Cooper’s Artisan Reserve. I’m short an element for that brew now too since I had to borrow an element  for this mixup brew. 

I will pass this thread onto the team for you, honestly very unusual for them to not reply.

@BrewArt Team

@Captain 3 Droids - Thanks for tagging us in on this.

G 'Day @K. C.,

I'm sorry to hear that a) your BrewPrint was incorrectly packed, and b) that no one got back in touch with you, I'm not sure what happened. 

From what I can tell you're based in the US, so I'll put you in touch with our US Customer Support team. 
You'll get an email from me shortly, and we'll sort everything out for you.  

Cheers