100% exploded bags and NFI what I'm doing wrong here...

I've done 2 brews now, both have, after a few days either ruptured the internal bag, or somehow leaked elsewhere in the system (won't know until I open them a throw them out). Basically the bags are semi deflated and beer is all over the place inside the keg. One has leaked externally but I'm assuming that was just not being hard enough on the final assembly.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong but absolutely FIIK what, I've watched the damned videos 100 times, and even done the whole process on a "do, pause, check repeat.

I'm new to homebrew but have never had any issues like this with any of the other technical things I've done.

One keg held the bag together ab a week, then broke. After this I came to the forum and found a post suggesting to leave them in the brewart an extra couple of days to make sure the first fermentation was REALLY finished... which I did with the second batch, same result, bags burst/leaked after the first few days. 

I'm at the point where I'm considering sterilising the bloody kegs and outsides of the liners so I can have at least some hope of saving a brew....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bruce Muir said:

I've done 2 brews now, both have, after a few days either ruptured the internal bag, or somehow leaked elsewhere in the system (won't know until I open them a throw them out). Basically the bags are semi deflated and beer is all over the place inside the keg. One has leaked externally but I'm assuming that was just not being hard enough on the final assembly.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong but absolutely FIIK what, I've watched the damned videos 100 times, and even done the whole process on a "do, pause, check repeat.

I'm new to homebrew but have never had any issues like this with any of the other technical things I've done.

One keg held the bag together ab a week, then broke. After this I came to the forum and found a post suggesting to leave them in the brewart an extra couple of days to make sure the first fermentation was REALLY finished... which I did with the second batch, same result, bags burst/leaked after the first few days. 

I'm at the point where I'm considering sterilising the bloody kegs and outsides of the liners so I can have at least some hope of saving a brew....

Hi Bruce,

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble kegging your beers. There have some examples of liners that have been found to have manufacturing faults.

Please get in touch with Brewart Tech support and relay your concerns. They will help you out.

If you're in Australia you can give them a call on 1300 240 242 or you can email tech@brewart.com

Cheers.

10 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Hi Bruce,

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble kegging your beers. There have some examples of liners that have been found to have manufacturing faults.

Please get in touch with Brewart Tech support and relay your concerns. They will help you out.

If you're in Australia you can give them a call on 1300 240 242 or you can email tech@brewart.com

Cheers.

Hi Bruce and welcome. Dustin is correct, you need to contact tech support. Where about are you?

• 3 weeks later...

It took about 15 minutes...

Unplug the beerflow - you'll be touching lines that would be live otherwise. Remove the back cover, disconnecting the power to the on/off switch. Then pull out the line running up from the pressure sensor and replace it with a plugged 6mm line (I used a bit of skewer and some epoxy.)

Connect the line you took out of the sensor to your new 6mm CO2 line which will fit handily through the vents in the back cover and you are done!

No need to use liners when kegging but the kegs need to be sanitised and stored out of light. Best to use a little 12mm i/d hose to extend your keg spears down so you get all the beer in the keg...

I didn't take photos at the time and I'm not pulling it apart again right now but I should be able to post a pic tonight that should help

Edited by Benoz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 30/11/2021 at 7:00 PM, Benoz said:

It took about 15 minutes...

Unplug the beerflow - you'll be touching lines that would be live otherwise. Remove the back cover, disconnecting the power to the on/off switch. Then pull out the line running up from the pressure sensor and replace it with a plugged 6mm line (I used a bit of skewer and some epoxy.)

Connect the line you took out of the sensor to your new 6mm CO2 line which will fit handily through the vents in the back cover and you are done!

No need to use liners when kegging but the kegs need to be sanitised and stored out of light. Best to use a little 12mm i/d hose to extend your keg spears down so you get all the beer in the keg...

I didn't take photos at the time and I'm not pulling it apart again right now but I should be able to post a pic tonight that should help

mcguyver.jpeg.163aa0bf759d026f2323a707f1a99660.jpeg

Literally as simple as this. Top image is how the line is currently in your Flo, bottom image is after, with the compressor blocked off (so that the pressure sensor doesn't give error messages) and the new CO2 line connected up to your keg20211201_182535.thumb.jpg.fae1c5fc9d9b899d7926becf6787a3e8.jpg20211201_182743.thumb.jpg.5b909d52cacc7706d693d622d390a5cc.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 7/11/21 at 1:41 PM, Bruce Muir said:

Never fear I had the same issue.  Liam sorted it.   There is a mismatch in the keg liner adaptors interfacing with the keg caps and it has to do with differing hardness of plastics (results in an air leak)

let Liam know and I think it’s a solvable problem and less likely to be something you’re doing wrong.  

• Upvote 1