Specials.

Pursya

Going to start this thread here as there isn't a "banter" thread that would be an ideal place for this.

last month we had free shipping.

this months its 1/3 off keg refill pack.. $20 off if you insert the code Keg20.

Finishes 13th of March..

Not a bad deal if you need to increase your beer stock potential 

dont forget the 20 bucks is tempered by the 15 buck delivery, so don't skimp on just one pack.

I'll try and keep track of the specials in this thread.

• 2 years later...

Not so much a cash thing but I am working up to my droid working full time . Once that happens I will maybe splash out for a second lol. In the new year might be good and I will use that for Experimenting etc. I want to try BIAB for a Wort to throw in the Droid . Have a few plans in mind lol 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

4 day special on Beerdroid and Beerflo and accessories like kegs! - 20% off and free shipping.

(Rob, tempting  for a 3rd?)

A few more kegs look the deal, that'd bring it up to 20 and I think I'd be sweet from there.

Still have no idea where I'd stick a third droid, maybe kids bedroom but the wife would throw a fit

• Haha 1

Bedside table, nothing easier to send you off to sleep than the droid doing its thing :) To be honest, unsure whether I'd need a third one, maybe if others drunk in the house or if I was the expansive entertainer throwing dinner parties every second week it could become a go but otherwise it'd just be too much.

Think my next bit now is to look at changing the 60 or so plastic bottles into glass with Crown Seals.

Am in Robe this weekend at the holiday house and really like how the pubs here have the usual motley crew on tap but then a couple from a local brewery, just gives you the chance to try something different. Had a Red Irish Ale called "The Craic" which was really nice...and it was served in a 570ml glass, like all beers should, makes me want to try the red ale on Brewart now. 

24 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Bedside table, nothing easier to send you off to sleep than the droid doing its thing :) To be honest, unsure whether I'd need a third one, maybe if others drunk in the house or if I was the expansive entertainer throwing dinner parties every second week it could become a go but otherwise it'd just be too much.

Think my next bit now is to look at changing the 60 or so plastic bottles into glass with Crown Seals.

Am in Robe this weekend at the holiday house and really like how the pubs here have the usual motley crew on tap but then a couple from a local brewery, just gives you the chance to try something different. Had a Red Irish Ale called "The Craic" which was really nice...and it was served in a 570ml glass, like all beers should, makes me want to try the red ale on Brewart now. 

Agree a third unit is a bit over board. Like you no regular extra drinkers and when my sons come around, drink driving lessens any great consumption.

If you go for your 20 kegs, that will give you 100l of good drinking stock plus a few bottles is really all you need.

The Irish Red Ale (Brewprint) I did some time back (7th brew), rated nicely but not in my top “to do again” list. Looking at my brewing list I also did a clone using Coopers Pale Ale, ldme, steeped crystal malt & roasted barley - rated the same.

Like yourself enjoy the imperial pints, also have 2 x 750ml beer glass for when I’m a pig 🐷 ha.

On 29/11/2019 at 11:04 PM, Rob Courtney said:

A few more kegs look the deal, that'd bring it up to 20 and I think I'd be sweet from there.

Still have no idea where I'd stick a third droid, maybe kids bedroom but the wife would throw a fit

Rob I couldn’t help it, a guy at a Seaton had, (note had) a brand new unopened Beerdroid with an American Ale Brewprint that he won as a prize. $399. I just couldn’t let it go, swmbo said “ what a bargain, get it but remember I’m in credit land now!” 
Am I mad? No just insane.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barrelboy said:

Rob I couldn’t help it, a guy at a Seaton had, (note had) a brand new unopened Beerdroid with an American Ale Brewprint that he won as a prize. $399. I just couldn’t let it go, swmbo said “ what a bargain, get it but remember I’m in credit land now!” 
Am I mad? No just insane.

Good on the guy for not putting a stupid a stupid price on it. Sometimes people have unrealistic expectations on what a product is worth but that guy spot on.

As to your question of , Mad? Insane?

Nope just evil genius

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Darran Haynes said:

Droid #3?!!  Very nice!  I notice there's 2-3 floating around on eBay and Gumtree in my area (most/all paired with the BrewFlo) but are seeking $800-$1,000 or so for them.  I could buy a new set right now for $1,198.40 so not going to happen.

The beauty of this buy and a rarity is that the Beerdroid is brand new, box not even opened. I think for $800 a set they need to be hardly used, I reckon $600 would be a fairer price.

(swmbo -and I did, said for such a bargain get it for Xmas, nice present but I’m paying for?? I follow the logic I think)

• Like 1

On 01/12/2019 at 3:35 PM, Rob Courtney said:

Good on the guy for not putting a stupid a stupid price on it. Sometimes people have unrealistic expectations on what a product is worth but that guy spot on.

As to your question of , Mad? Insane?

Nope just evil genius

Barrelboy C droid ( Barrelboy A & B have a love child) is up and running with an American Pale Ale that came with it.

Rob you talk about stupid prices, there’s a brand new unopened Beerdroid on eBay (another prize win) and the guy in Victoria wants $600!! Now twice this year Brewart have had two 20% off, making them $639.20 plus free delivery to your door. He’s got stuff chance of selling.

• Upvote 1

I offered a gentleman $750 for a droid/brew combo with a few brewprints but couldn't come to terms. He wanted $1k negotiable but would only go as far down as $850.

Given the the flow is more of a curiousity than a necessity to me, it's probably for the best we didn't make a deal for now. If I could find a new or near new droid for $350-500 I'd be pretty chuffed, otherwise will wait for the next 20% off deal (fingers crossed for a Boxing Day sale!)

Edited by Darran Haynes

1 hour ago, Darran Haynes said:

I offered a gentleman $750 for a droid/brew combo with a few brewprints but couldn't come to terms. He wanted $1k negotiable but would only go as far down as $850.

Given the the flow is more of a curiousity than a necessity to me, it's probably for the best we didn't make a deal for now. If I could find a new or near new droid for $350-500 I'd be pretty chuffed, otherwise will wait for the next 20% off deal (fingers crossed for a Boxing Day sale!)

Sensible move, Darran. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I just don't get it, I am buying an electronic article without a warranty, I am not paying 80%, I will pay 50% of the ticket value. People just don't get it, I mean if I drive a car off the lot, brand new, it has lost 20% of the price I paid for resale...and that car still has its warranty.

I could go on about this ad nauseum...and I probably will but geez I hate inflated sale prices

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Darran Haynes said:

I actually like the Brewflo, works well for me but you did the right thing. To be honest, I think you were offering him more than fair value for it, I don't think a BrewFlow should cost anymore than $150, anything over that and you may as well cough up the extra hundred for a Carny or IKeg.

I'd keep my eye out if I was you for people getting rid of Droids within driving distance, a second hand droid should be no more than $350, if they want more walk away. I was lucky enough to have someone pop up selling a droid used once in my local area...could not believe my luck. I'm talking there was no other buyer within 400kms of them. They wanted $600, I offered half and said that offer was always there if they wanted to look at other offers. Two day later they asked if I would go 450, next day they called me and said $300 is fair.

Sometimes, if you are happy to grab a near new unit, play the long game and don't flinch but when people start asking $500+ for a uniy with no guarantee, I'd cough up the extra hundred for a new unit on special

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rob Courtney said:

Yeah, I just don't get it, I am buying an electronic article without a warranty, I am not paying 80%, I will pay 50% of the ticket value. People just don't get it, I mean if I drive a car off the lot, brand new, it has lost 20% of the price I paid for resale...and that car still has its warranty.

I could go on about this ad nauseum...and I probably will but geez I hate inflated sale prices

Mate couldn't have put it any better and exactly how I saw it too. If I'm paying over 50% I might as well just buy brand new with the comfort of warranty and ongoing support.

Also, it's not like we're going to fire up a brew on the spot so there's an added element of risk of what happens if I get home and it doesn't work right ...

Overall I'm ok with how it played out and will keep my eye out for future opportunities or Brewart sales.

P.s. I would assume there would be a very limited market for these products 2nd hand as those interested have probably already bought one themselves anyway

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Darran Haynes said:

P.s. I would assume there would be a very limited market for these products 2nd hand as those interested have probably already bought one themselves anyway

Yep, exactly. When you put a second hand Brewart item up for sale, it's a buyers market. If someone is stupid enough to pay more than what you consider to be your final offer, good luck to them.. This may sound like I am a tightarse but I learnt Indonesian as a student and have spent a lot of time in SE Asia...I have learnt bartering from the best in the business

• Upvote 1