Black Eye Bock

5 minutes ago, Robert Pretty said:

@Captain 3 Droids , wasn't a big fan of the English pub draught. It was ok. Will get this in my next order , with the California steam, you keep raving about. 

Good move with the California Steam. I found the English Pub Draught a great pub style beer and great for a change to get away from the dry hopped beers. But everyone to his own. Hope you try it again in the future.

On 13/4/22 at 1:39 PM, Gillies Brewing said:

I'll pick one of these up when I do my order! It certainly sounds tasty!

Keg today after a 9 day fermentation period. Not over active just a nice slow action resulting in an easy clean krausen ring in the Droid. Added a H3 liquid hop sachet into the keg and by the lager appearance and aroma I will be looking forward to tasting this one.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Great amber lager at 6 weeks. Definite aroma of coffee and tastes, as per the description, of mocha and caramel. Nice creamy head, deep amber in colour and very smooth in drinking. A do again for sure.

5C953597-A922-46E4-9A6A-138C85BE9176.thumb.jpeg.5d6824481ec8ae52ce06f46e3eb915c5.jpeg

Bit concerning you have an open switch blade in the pic

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Popping this one in today, going to DH with Hallertau (same as H3), I'm thinking about 10g (he roughie equivalency people say for 1 liquid sachet), but I know it's meant to be pretty mildly hopped. Any thoughts?

I put 20g of saaz (2x H4) into my last Monch and found it maybe a little more than I'd expect/do next time for that recipe so I thought I'd ask around.

9 hours ago, Gillies Brewing said:

Popping this one in today, going to DH with Hallertau (same as H3), I'm thinking about 10g (he roughie equivalency people say for 1 liquid sachet), but I know it's meant to be pretty mildly hopped. Any thoughts?

I put 20g of saaz (2x H4) into my last Monch and found it maybe a little more than I'd expect/do next time for that recipe so I thought I'd ask around.

I did the 1 x H3 and found it suited the style. I wouldn’t do more next time.