Darth Brewer

Beer is foamy every time

I have brewed about eight different brewprints so far and everyone has been very foamy when I use my beerflo for example if I pour a pint about 1/3 will be beer 2/3 will be foam. I am cooling the kegs in my refrigerator before I put them in the beerflo. Anybody have any suggestions.

Edited by Darth Brewer

Couple posts about this on the Facebook group for "BrewArt and BrewFlo Owners".  I highly suggest you join as the forums there are very active compared to this forum.  I'm pretty new to brewing and have yet to try my kegs so I cant really share much expertise but the 500+ on Facebook sure are knowledgeable.  I've learned so much already.  Hope to see you there!

• Upvote 1

I used to have variable results, I have 5 tips...

1. When you get 'ready to keg' leave it another 24hrs
  2. Wild yeast will cause problems, make sure you sanitise REALLY well. Consider washing with an alternative steriliser, then rinsing with the droid cleanse.
  3. Same as #2, try using 10l 'spring water' from the supermarket, especially if you are on tank water.
  4. If you like English style ale rather than fizzy Australian lager, consider halving the dose of primer.
  5. I always connect the beer line and pour a couple glasses BEFORE I add air. This can reduce excess pressure more quickly.

Good luck!

I always get great beer now, and I'm very happy with the system.

• Upvote 2

I will join the Facebook group. And thank you for those suggestions I will definitely try them are usually use star san to sanitize the beer droid. My water is city water so I didn’t think that would be the cause but I may try buying some bottled spring water and see if that helps. Leaving it in the next 24 hours couldn’t hurt so I’ll probably try that one next I have that Christmas lager that’s about ready to be keg any day now. Thanks again guys 

Those are great tips. Thanks for posting Martin! I’ve been using city water as well and just started adding campden tablets to kill the potential chlorine. May try a batch with spring water next to see how it compares. See you on the BrewArt forum on Facebook Darth!