Birra Italiano Lager

Hamburger was almost as good as the innings. I walked off the field today and there was a really old guy who stopped me and said " I watched Bradman as a kid in 1948 and your innings reminded me of him"

It was kind of embarrassing to be compared to Bradman, I mean I never had an issue with short pitched bowling at my ribs like he did

• 2 months later...

6 weeks secondary, only Saaz hops and I reckon it needs a week or two more but it is still a good Tuesday night Taco drink. Will be putting this on again next and going a half and half Saaz/Hersbrucker hops mix. You can tell the difference though between the hops pouches and just dry hopping, the flavour takes a little longer to develop, which should mean the key drinking area is more at 10-12 weeks instead of 7-9

Got to keg it first...and yeah, chances are there may be a couple before then but I have a bounty of bottles set up now, an absolute bounty. In that 4-7 week group of bottles I have Lawnmower, Monsch, Birra, Weisbeer, my special brew...and Boho.

And you want me to find time to get to the other Birra?

FFS man, I only have one liver and it is meant to last me 🤣

2 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Got to keg it first...and yeah, chances are there may be a couple before then but I have a bounty of bottles set up now, an absolute bounty. In that 4-7 week group of bottles I have Lawnmower, Monsch, Birra, Weisbeer, my special brew...and Boho.

And you want me to find time to get to the other Birra?

FFS man, I only have one liver and it is meant to last me 🤣

You only need one liver and it needs pickling I say. They found 1000 year old clay pots of pickle onions that were still eatable, so there is something in that. 🍺🥂🍾🍹🤔🙄😋

4 minutes ago, Barrelboy said:

You only need one liver and it needs pickling I say. They found 1000 year old clay pots of pickle onions that were still eatable, so there is something in that. 🍺🥂🍾🍹🤔🙄😋

As the good wife has said "You only need a small part of someones liver for a transplant, they grow".

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Now drinking my fine 4 week matured Birra. Sorry for repeating but this is a top early drinker, if you’ve brew this and others aren’t quite ready to drink, then crack this one.

Yeah, it is just a bloody lovely drop.I think the earliest I have drunk it is 5 weeks, when i took it to the cricket and then pre phrased their drinking with "It's a little young but it gets better" and they all had expectations of their mates crap home brew...and they get to have...Birra.

I do think dry hopping makes a difference in drinking though when the beer is younger, with the pouches, the beer needed a bit more time and then had a definite window whereas the hop pellets are like Queensland weather.,.

Edited by Rob Courtney
  • Upvote 1

I'm sure the thought on everyones mind is " I wonder what a Bira tastes like with and X1 replaced with an X2"

Guess we are going to find out in about 5 weeks 😆.

Going to find out what a Weisbeer with an X2 replaced with an X1 will be like later on too now because I just don't pay attention

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barrelboy said:

To be fair it’s not hard to do but it is a worry if doing it sober😂

I just had a call confirming a booking for 2 for tonight, I literally lost my mind, a sit down meal, with some beers...should never have thought I could get a brew on after that news

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

OK, so this is half Hersbrucker, half Saaz.

One or the other. I mean it is still a nice beer and I will finish it off but it has a foot in both camp, like one of those "I'm on the fence voters"...you're not on the fence, you just haven't paid attention for the last 4 years"

• 1 month later...