Birra Italiano Lager

Put down my first lager yesterday (7/5/19) a Birra Italiano and although fermentation not confirmed by the unit (just love that) bubbles can been seen through the viewing window (love that as well) at a nice 12C. I didn’t have a packet of the Y9 yeast so used the other lager yeast Y7. Don’t think this will change the brew too much and both yeasts finish the beer clear.

Will advise results in a month or so.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Tried a bottle of this for Fathers Day dinner...a Nasi Goreng that I had to cook.

Anyways, 100% agree with the above poster, 6 weeks secondary and this is a great drop which will get better with correct usage of hops ( don't worry, just a few more beers left of me whinging about this). Someone had said they noticed little difference between the Aztec and this...yeah right, there was no issue with me finishing the Aztec, I was happy when that was finished  but this is delicious and is definitely a summer beer

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Tried a bottle of this for Fathers Day dinner...a Nasi Goreng that I had to cook.

Anyways, 100% agree with the above poster, 6 weeks secondary and this is a great drop which will get better with correct usage of hops ( don't worry, just a few more beers left of me whinging about this). Someone had said they noticed little difference between the Aztec and this...yeah right, there was no issue with me finishing the Aztec, I was happy when that was finished  but this is delicious and is definitely a summer beer

Glad you enjoy it. Interesting with the Aztec reference as the recipes are different and the Birra has hop additions where the Aztec none. Some people tend to forget what they have tasted. 

Ps. Nadine Goreng, your spoilt.☺️

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just drinking keg, still coming yo terms with the primer i  secondary fermentation now using dextrose and not liquid sachets but that is being really critical as the head on the beer is good, not perfect. In saying that, a little disappointed I didn't order two of these for my new brews, really nice drop...but there are so many to like, might have to reign in  my Belgian addiction

• 3 months later...

Took a few bottles down to cricket today for the boys to try. I think these guys had been once bitten, twice shy from a mates home brew. Resounding opinion was it was an excellent beer...only 7 weeks, the Birra was kicking some big goals. Had to explain to them that it still had 2-3 weeks to get to its optimum. 

Reckon there might be a few Brewart sales on this

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Could not help myself, finishing the night with this. Was this one I started using dry hops in as well? It may have been because the hop oil is a Herbsucker but I think I have that and some Saaz in it. Anyways, beyond efffin delicious. This is the beer I blew my cricket mates minds with and the more I sample it, the more I know why. It is going to be hot next Friday, tempted to put next in line Weisbeer in the Brewflo...and it will go well but gee whiz, this is so good, reckon this is my favourite beer out of the range