Birra Italiano Lager

• 4 weeks later...

Just did this as my 3rd brew as a droid user. I wanted to give a lager as a go as something different, as pale ales and IPAs are far more my drink of choice. Haven't really enjoyed many lagers in recent times, generally I'm not a big fan of a beer with a dryer mouthfeel, have definitely become too accustomed to bigger hoppier beers.

Very glad to say this came out great! Still a bit young at just over two and a half weeks but tasted very nice. Found it had enough flavour (biscuity /malty?) and smooth, but still enough lager taste too. Reckon will be better in a couple weeks, definitely will pair with a pizza

PXL_20220519_091936094.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Sam Armstrong said:

Just did this as my 3rd brew as a droid user. I wanted to give a lager as a go as something different, as pale ales and IPAs are far more my drink of choice. Haven't really enjoyed many lagers in recent times, generally I'm not a big fan of a beer with a dryer mouthfeel, have definitely become too accustomed to bigger hoppier beers.

Very glad to say this came out great! Still a bit young at just over two and a half weeks but tasted very nice. Found it had enough flavour (biscuity /malty?) and smooth, but still enough lager taste too. Reckon will be better in a couple weeks, definitely will pair with a pizza

PXL_20220519_091936094.jpg

Yeah, this one drinks very, very well. It was the first of my beers I let guys from the cricket club try after a match. Will definitely improve as it ages

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just finished the last of this brew bang on 2 months post.

Profile has changed across the two months, each time was great but last night was sensational. Seemed to have a bit more body and smoother mouth feel, and a good balance between malt and bitterness.

Whatever your beer preference, this would be a great one to have lurking around your house for one or a couple🍺

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

3 months in, going to drink mainly this tonight. One of the better lager brewprints, crisp, with bitterness on the mouthend but that touch of sweetness from the Hersbrucker. A family sized pizza to yourself, everyone else left for the night or asleep and the TV to yourself with some footy on and 20 seventy pints of this...happy days

IMG_1648.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 5 months later...

One of my more favoured beers, really nice to drink on a warm day, especially after spending that day helping my father in law split wood so they have enough for winter. Classic old farmer who just pushes my buttons at the best of times.

Today he questioned why I had work gloves on for getting wood to split from the wood pile. I explained that the wood is covered with spiders and egg sacks and that I didn't want to get bitten by a redback spider (one of the worlds most venomous...and would definitely be the type to be hanging about in a woodpile and he said...and I kid you not

"They have anti venom for that you drama queen".

I know he was joking but jeez that made me laugh at the time.

Anyways, great beer, wish I could enjoy more but will be asleep after todays effort soon

image.thumb.jpeg.18b84e49daef32f35588841afd715469.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

the wood is covered with spiders and egg sacks and that I didn't want to get bitten by a redback spider (one of the worlds most venomous...and would definitely be the type to be hanging about in a woodpile

Rob, I think it's time for you to create a new recipe called "Redback in the Woodpile". Higher ABV wood be appropriate (yes, misspelling is intentional)...

Anyway, when are you coming for pizza?

IMG_5148.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1