Birra Italiano Lager

1 hour ago, Barrelboy said:

No! I’m not getting a fourth droid! (but what if a new one comes on the market cheap? or a used one as a backup/catch-up unit?  mmmmm)

A cheap one came up second hand up this way just last week.

The temptation was real. I resisted. Glad I did now as otherwise I couldn't have justified purchasing more kegs this week on the special offer.

Phew! 

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Yeah, at least another week, so 5 would be ok, 6 better

In saying that though, I have these bottles in the least prime temp for secondary fermentation, laundry  probably sits below 16, maybe a week or two more and I am prime secondary time for 6 months but yeah should put some heating in the laundry but just can't be arsed

19 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

In saying that though, I have these bottles in the least prime temp for secondary fermentation, laundry  probably sits below 16, maybe a week or two more and I am prime secondary time for 6 months but yeah should put some heating in the laundry but just can't be arsed

Box and a blanket? Jumpers? etc should raise the temp ok.

10 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Box and a blanket? Jumpers? etc should raise the temp ok.

I usually have about 30 botlles in a warmer area but the stubbies I haven't moved and last night, I just had a couple of stubbies to see where they were at. Usually it wouldn't make a big issue as I would have a bigger stock through winter, so it would have time but I let the stock run down a bit after coming back from KI. I do have a greenhouse attached to the laundry (no jokes) so that regulates the temp a bit better during winter for that room but without knowing for sure, I bet it is probably just under 16 during winter. Next week, a bi of warmer weather and it all sarts up again.

Anyways, 6 weeks in Bohemian tonight, properly kept, should be a real treat :)

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Close enough to eight weeks in on the Birra. If you don't drink this on a regular basis, you forget how nice this is...and it is, just a very, very good beer. As hard as it is to put Belgian in the corner, top 3 for me is this, Boho and Pale....and that is leaving Lawnmower out of the 3...and Czech Pilsner...even one of those doesn't get into the top 5...FFS

5 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Your so right, I cracked a keg of it yesterday at 4 weeks, boy what a drop. But when can I brew it again? Help!

Yeah, for me bottling, whilst it is really young it is nice but tonight...and last night it is just a realy, really nice beer. It is one of those times I wish the old man was still around...he'd have loved Brewart....and I would have bought him a couple of droids too :)

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rob Courtney said:

8 weeks in, the glass I bought last week...this is just delicious. Happy with how this is drinking, unhappy that there are so few left

IMG_0339.jpg

8 weeks is definitely the go if not force carbing this beer, finishing the last bottle for tonight but geex it is extra nice

• Upvote 1