Jump to content

Lighthouse Pacific Pale


Recommended Posts

  • 5 weeks later...
On 11/10/2019 at 8:50 AM, Barrelboy said:

Put this one down today (11/10/19), a simple Brewprint recipe and sounds a nice drop for the Brewprint description. Will report when being consumed.

Cheers Mark 

Well this is a spring/summer ripper. Smooth, crisp, minimal bitterness, fruity (definitely passion fruit). Just a top, enjoyable drop of fine pale. Can certainly be drunk early.

0C7D31A7-1881-4320-A52D-54231154E31C.jpeg

AAA3E0E0-ABD2-4867-8B7E-AB5CAC697AB1.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
6 hours ago, Darran Haynes said:

Bottled the GDSA today and started up this one.

Still have some hops left over ... Any ideas on whether Amarillo, Cluster or Chinook (or a combination) would work with this one Mark?

Daz

Hi Darran, trust is all well. The recipe calls for galaxy so Amarillo is certainly a good match. You could add some Chinook, ok for pales and support the grapefruit profile as with Amarillo. Haven’t used Cluster but is a match for chinook and the profile is of earthiness and sweet fruit. I’d go either 50/50 Amarillo and Chinook or 50/25/25 Amarillo/chinook/cluster. The later would be interesting though.

ps if you have access to excel have a look at the top ten brews in the new main thread “BrewArt Banter” and put in your thoughts.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 27/04/2020 at 1:54 PM, Darran Haynes said:

Cheers Mark, went with the 50/25/25 option and am keen to see how it turns out 😇

Will take a squiz at BrewArt Banter excel a bit later on the PC 👍

Cheers, Daz

How’s it all going Daz, how did your 50/25/25 turn out?

Put the Lighthouse in the droid today, going to dry hop day 6 with 50/50 galaxy and simcoe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 9 months later...
49 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Kegged the Coopers XPA this afternoon and put the Lighthouse Pacific Pale on next.

I’m going to try and replicate the Stone & Wood Cloud Catcher Pale Ale and dry hop this one with 25 grams of Ella and 25 grams of Enigma.

What are Ella and Enigma close to in regards to hops?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

B17AC4EE-957C-4151-886D-79ECBC904F42.thumb.jpeg.bde0ba8b866d0716bdd14a97798b5b19.jpeg


Ended up waiting 6 weeks before cracking this one. Glad I did as this is really nice and I reckon it will only get better.

I can’t quite remember what the Stone & Wood Cloud Catcher tastes like (may have to go and buy one to compare) but I’m glad I had a go at modifying this Brewprint with the Ella & Enigma hops as it’s worked out very nicely.

Also very pleased to report that I tried the extra 48 hours at kegging temperature for this brew and there was no foaming from the Brewflo whatsoever. I’ve been doing this on every brew since, so once I see a pattern of good results I’ll add some comments to the other thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dustin Frothman said:

B17AC4EE-957C-4151-886D-79ECBC904F42.thumb.jpeg.bde0ba8b866d0716bdd14a97798b5b19.jpeg


Ended up waiting 6 weeks before cracking this one. Glad I did as this is really nice and I reckon it will only get better.

I can’t quite remember what the Stone & Wood Cloud Catcher tastes like (may have to go and buy one to compare) but I’m glad I had a go at modifying this Brewprint with the Ella & Enigma hops as it’s worked out very nicely.

Also very pleased to report that I tried the extra 48 hours at kegging temperature for this brew and there was no foaming from the Brewflo whatsoever. I’ve been doing this on every brew since, so once I see a pattern of good results I’ll add some comments to the other thread.

It would appear your experimentation in “no foaming” is on the mark. Great stuff.

like your hop selection when looking at the profiles. I don’t have those hops so with my next ale brew I’ll do this one with 15g each of Galaxy, Hallertau and Idaho 7. Should be a good combination.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Made it home from work half way through the third quarter of Tigers vs Lions. Wife is still at a work function so I have the Brewflo to myself and it's pouring very nicely.

I was checking the recipe for the Stone & Wood Cloudcatcher Pale Ale last night and realised I stuffed up my attempt at a clone with this Brewprint. It was supposed to have Galaxy in it too so I may have to add this one to the Brewing Mistakes thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Made it home from work half way through the third quarter of Tigers vs Lions. Wife is still at a work function so I have the Brewflo to myself and it's pouring very nicely.

I was checking the recipe for the Stone & Wood Cloudcatcher Pale Ale last night and realised I stuffed up my attempt at a clone with this Brewprint. It was supposed to have Galaxy in it too so I may have to add this one to the Brewing Mistakes thread.

Too late to dry hop?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/05/2021 at 6:04 PM, Captain 3 Droids said:

like your hop selection when looking at the profiles. I don’t have those hops so with my next ale brew I’ll do this one with 15g each of Galaxy, Hallertau and Idaho 7. Should be a good combination.

In the droid as we speak, will dry hop the 3 selections on day 6

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 22/05/2021 at 6:08 AM, Captain 3 Droids said:

Too late to dry hop?

Yes too late, however I did have a Stone and Wood Pacific Pale Ale with a Parmi at the Excelsior Hotel earlier this week  and can report it tasted almost exactly the same as my erroneous creation. 🏆

Then I had a Coopers Pale because, well, it's awesome.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/06/2020 at 11:38 AM, Captain 3 Droids said:

How’s it all going Daz, how did your 50/25/25 turn out?

Put the Lighthouse in the droid today, going to dry hop day 6 with 50/50 galaxy and simcoe.

how did this one go

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
  • Create New...