Lighthouse Pacific Pale

9 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Now that was a year ago but referring to notes I dry hopped 10g each of Galaxy and Simcoe and rated it 9.5/10, so I was happy with it.

why the .5 off, is your brewing like my old English teacher who said "nobodies work is ever worth 100%"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 30/06/2021 at 11:09 AM, J P said:

Simcoe Galaxy sounds scrumptious

OMFG

Given I am tasting the only botlle from the kegs I brewed, the bottle that i had to tilt the droid to fill...so the dregs bottle...that is fricking delicious

Basically 6 almost 7 in secondary, has a lot of XPA taste in it...I might stick a keg on for tomorrow, it is that good. Light XPA is a fair call on this combo, just a really, realy nice beer

18 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

GIF by Identity

Try drinking it through the mask and you won’t need to filter the hops next time.

Was tempted to cut a hole in one of my masks and post a pic drinking but worried this will go on for a while and my wife, who has been told numerous times where the stash of masks is, thinks that is the last one, wears it and gets called an Anti Vax Karen. 

Because, that would be my fault :)

Edited by Rob Courtney
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

9 weeks in, keg is pouring very well, first one was half head, half beer but it is under control now. Nice enough beer will be an easy drink this weekend just very happy with the carbonation from this keg, in difference to nearly everyone else, I baulk at the lack of carbonation but this is bang on, you have to have the tilt of the glass correct to make sure there isn't too much head.

IMG_0512.jpg

Edited by Rob Courtney
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, T D said:

Put this brew print down last night and hoping to experiment with hops.

i tried a Colonial beer on the weekend which had Idaho 7 hops, any idea if this would work? And would it pair well with galaxy which I already have for this recipe?

Love Idaho 7 and it’s a great match with Galaxy. I’d suggest 20g of each but if you like stronger then go for it.

3 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Love Idaho 7 and it’s a great match with Galaxy. I’d suggest 20g of each but if you like stronger then go for it.

Mate that reply was unbelievably quick!

I’d never tried it before but it was in a Hazy Pale Ale by Colonial and the flavour was a ripper.

might see if there is somewhere in south east suburbs of Melbourne to get it!

7 minutes ago, T D said:

Mate that reply was unbelievably quick!

I’d never tried it before but it was in a Hazy Pale Ale by Colonial and the flavour was a ripper.

might see if there is somewhere in south east suburbs of Melbourne to get it!

“reply was unbelievably quick!”  I’m retired now so I can respond quickly, a lot of the time a person needs the answer “like now”as they are in the middle of something. This is a top site for good info, and relatively quick responses. 
The hop combination is worth hunting down.

• Upvote 1