Brown plastic, rinsed seconds or swing tops? 0

Paul84

32 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Anothet day or so will be confident it was just a flaw. Could it also been a bottle that got a good helping of Yeast ? Or should be pretty uniform as the liquid moves past the Trub ? 

Unlikely, as no matter how much yeast it can only consume the sugar available. So I’d say a flaw in bottle done probable on transportation/warehouse handling or you double dosed the sugar. (Can easily be done, particularly if interrupted). When I used to sugar bottles I’d have all the bottles on my right, if sugar done then it was on my left.

2 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Unlikely, as no matter how much yeast it can only consume the sugar available. So I’d say a flaw in bottle done probable on transportation/warehouse handling or you double dosed the sugar. (Can easily be done, particularly if interrupted). When I used to sugar bottles I’d have all the bottles on my right, if sugar done then it was on my left.

Haha doubt I double dosed. If I get interupted i would likely no dose and have flat beer in 2 weeks haha . I was bottling and sugaring at the same time. And when I am in my back room its usually a safe space lol 

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Hello All,

Brewart PTE Bottles, do you replace the caps each time or can the old caps still be used?

Personally I cannot see why they couldn't be reused and I would if think that if they were not reusable the caps on there own would be for sale on the website.

Anyway I am getting close to reusing for my next bottling and want to be sure that there is no problem reusing..

~Alan

1 hour ago, Alan Batchelor said:

Hello All,

Brewart PTE Bottles, do you replace the caps each time or can the old caps still be used?

Personally I cannot see why they couldn't be reused and I would if think that if they were not reusable the caps on there own would be for sale on the website.

Anyway I am getting close to reusing for my next bottling and want to be sure that there is no problem reusing..

~Alan

Yes they are reusable. Just make sure you sanitise them and screw on tight.

Cheers Mark

8 hours ago, Alan Batchelor said:

Hello All,

~Alan

I would have used mine for a year not replacing them. I was going to replace them after a year ( not because it need it, just was going to) but then someone said "Bottle capping glass bottles gives better carbonation" and I just went that way

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Clayton Angel said:

I use new tops on mine each time. For the sake of a few cents its worth it I think. I also give few bottles away so it would be weird if I gave someone something that looked like it had already been opened. Being new it also means I don't have to worry about sterilisation.

“Being new it also means I don't have to worry about sterilisation.“ not worth the risk, stanitise and your 100% sure. 
Remember if using starsan or stellasan non rinse sanitiser it is reusable and cheap to use at 1.5ml/litre.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've long since ditched the plastic screw bottles and gone to swing tops which appear to hold onto carbonation a whole lot better.  I've never had a glass bottle fail like that and I *have* dropped one whilst loading it into the secondary ferment fridge.

They get a soak in sanitiser, a quick rinse and a dry on the bottle tree.  I've got about 3 dozen that rotate around.  I've been using them for over a year and no dramas.  I haven't even replaced the swingtop seals yet as they look good and work ok.

I am going to chuck all my plastic bottles - the beer invariably goes flat after a few weeks in them.