Shadow Hill Porter

Paul84

23 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

So I woke up to a very healthy looking brew this morning . Was spewing out right infront of me 😮

20200413_042740.jpg

Lol. Clean up before it turns to honey comb.(Robs vinegar clean works). As a 6.5%-er, as your bottling I’d leave 24hrs after fermentation end to ensure yeast cleans up the brew and settles.
Sorry for laughing but, no I’m not. Lol

50 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

I did this morning and then came home to this. I have 3 hope pouches for it so will likely leave to sit for 2 days before bottling 🙂 . No more bottle bombs haha

15867752906564607844913782156467.jpg

Nah, what you had before wasn't a bottle bomb, just a weakened bottle that sheared with a little bit of pressure. I had one a week or so back, one day after bottling one of the bottles did the same thing. None of the other bottles have done this from the same box, don't stress too much.

• Upvote 1

Yeah thats what I assumed had happened. I suppose you will get a dud every now and again..i am just glad I had my smart hat on and they are in a big storage tub so clean up wasnt so hard. Dont want my brew room to smell like the back room of a dive bar lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paul84 said:

Yeah thats what I assumed had happened. I suppose you will get a dud every now and again..i am just glad I had my smart hat on and they are in a big storage tub so clean up wasnt so hard. Dont want my brew room to smell like the back room of a dive bar lol

So you know the smell of a “back room dive bar” Paul?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bottled this brew today . Straight out of the keg .... 🤘🤘🤘. If only i had an Ikegger i would force carb and get into straight away haha . Though i do think a couple of weeks will help this as atm its very hop heavy at the forefront and would like to see the beer flavors develop . 11 swing tops and a sneaky 6 pack lol 

20200422_142126.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bottled 4 Coopers Longnecks of this yesterday and then split the remaining 7 or so litres between two kegs as I've had a bit of a bad run with leaky kegs again lately. I'm planning on putting the bottles away for a while as an experiment.

I ended up leaving this brew in the Droid for quite a bit longer than planned following the liquid hops infusion as I wasn't keen on creating any bottle bombs. The sample tasted great.

Put the Coopers XPA on in it's place. I'm perhaps a couple of weeks behind but am attempting to brew in line with the seasons.

Almost all of my Brewart kegs are full now and am about to try kegging into stainless steel, so it will be interesting to see how that experiment goes.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey all,

Could not help myself; bottled this a couple of weeks ago. Cracked a bottle tonight; it’s bloody fantastic, silky smooth with a nice creamy head, vanilla undertones; it is going to be hard but I will try and let it sit another month or two. Really impressive.

So glad I’ve got a couple of droids now, hopefully I’ll get distracted by another recently kegged or bottled drop next week.

Cheers!

• Like 2