The Original Pilsner

I did one a while back, it was nice without standing out but it would have been done with hop pouches. I guess I was doing this around the time of cold crashing for 4 days and leaving the hop oils in for 5 days. It just didn't have it for me but to be fair, I did all the things to it I'd never do now, so it may be worth trying again, dry hopped.

16 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

I did one a while back, it was nice without standing out but it would have been done with hop pouches. I guess I was doing this around the time of cold crashing for 4 days and leaving the hop oils in for 5 days. It just didn't have it for me but to be fair, I did all the things to it I'd never do now, so it may be worth trying again, dry hopped.

Dry hopped 20g Czech Saaz for just on 48hrs. (not a liquid hop pouch fan, but have 2 of each in the fridge in case I run out of pellets or forget to add prior to keg mode status).

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Cracked this one yesterday after 7+ weeks maturing. I must say an excellent drop, bitter/sweet finish well supported by the Czech Saaz hops. From Rob’s comments I’d say the hop pellets made a difference to using the liquid hop sachets.

0B264158-8878-480C-B36E-D54A834F3B40.thumb.jpeg.d35ede13a8763de78d95370de9842a63.jpegF76F154B-90BF-45C7-A093-75416413AE8B.thumb.jpeg.36c9e1d843a08cbf3959224f76932cfb.jpegProbably 2 litres left as at Friday night, so good put it in the Droid today.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Going to bottle this one today in between painting (yay) . I have hopped this with equal measure Saaz, Hallertau and Spalt in an attempt to get somehere near a version of Trumer Pils. Must admit, I do like when beers you like have the hop profile up on the website...like it better if they had the percentages but yeah. Had a quick sample from the droid and it looks like it is in the right drirection so be very interested in the first stubby at 4 weeks to see where it is at.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thank christ for this forum, going to try one of these in a minute and was thinking "jeez, how did I hop this one" because, like writing it down in a journal would be far to complex for this guy. At least I air my thoughts here so I can review at a later date...and I'm actually really looking forward to it, 3 and a bit weeks in

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Thank christ for this forum, going to try one of these in a minute and was thinking "jeez, how did I hop this one" because, like writing it down in a journal would be far to complex for this guy. At least I air my thoughts here so I can review at a later date...and I'm actually really looking forward to it, 3 and a bit weeks in

I run a simple journal, really helps for quick references.

image.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So tis is my beer for the weekend, 8.5 weeks secondary...it's a very nice beer. I mean I could muck around with the hops in different ways but it's really hitting a good stride. Has a bit of fruit from the hops (lemon) but the bitterness and soft malt but on a humid, hot summers night I may not have many left for tomorrow.. 

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

So, I buggered this one up, unlike me...and ended up with a pale ale ( without the Ale yeast) and I think I just chucked in 30grams of Hallertau because I work on the principle of if its buggered just do everything different.

It is a very bitter beer, very bitter...it may ask to talk to the manager soon. This would be a great beer, middle of summer hot day been working in the yard. I think it needs something but that something may well be hot weather. 

Sounds like you’ll have to name it “The Karen”.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...