How Much Did You Brew 2021

Captain 3 Droids

Hi all and a happy new year, let’s keep positive and make this a much better year.🍻🍾🍹.

Now for home truths. In 2020 I brewed a wonderful 1220 litres  of wonderful  beers. “Oh Captain 3 Droids” you might say. “You must have litres and litres of stock”. “Yes” I say, 110 litres. 🍻lol.

Now when adding up don’t count what’s in your droids now, just what you have brewed- keg and/or bottled in 2020.

1 hour ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

You surprise me Rob, would have thought more.

so would I to be honest, I guess in this year coming up, I will start doing a few ales for the kegs so I can have some different brews for winter and also so I keep the brews spread out a bit when it comes to August to October when the house stays colder than frostbite...

I only got going with the Brewart system mid last year and was splitting my time between two homes, so my output was very inconsistent. Throw in an interstate move in October/November, a “new” job, 3 weeks in a hotel in Sydney and about a month off whilst I tried to get organised; my output was a measly 90L and we ran out of beer the other week. 😢

Excuses, excuses.

I’ve finally got going again and am churning out brews as fast as the Droid can ferment them. I hope to have the Droid running consistently all year so that should mean somewhere between 26 and 30 brews.

Sometime in the future once we have a bit more room I hope to get another Droid and Flow going and be able to report some more impressive figures.

• Thanks 1

Started brewing mid September got 90litres as the custom Hazy IPA didn't finish fermenting till New Years day .

Feels like I have been brewing for ever, that is how easy the droid is to use.

Got 3 custom brews in the first 10. Really really need a second droid to just experiment in.

Edited by Robert Pretty
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Robert Pretty said:

Started brewing mid September got 90litres as the custom Hazy IPA didn't finish fermenting till New Years day .

Feels like I have been brewing for ever, that is how easy the droid is to use.

Got 3 custom brews in the first 10. Really really need a second droid to just experiment in.

Good effort. More droids the better.

Edited by Captain 3 Droids
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Timothy Maynard said:

I have my brand new droid ready, waiting for a couple of brewprints to show up to give this can a try. I have an Irish Red Ale and a German Weissbier coming my way. Should I make my wife's preference or my preference first? Hmmm.

I don't have a keg, or bottles yet. I'm wondering what I should have ready. 

Hi Timothy and welcome. I’d be making the wife’s preference first, get that right and your future requirements will be well approved👍.

Starting with bottles is a good start. It’s easy and gives you time to look at other methods. Would you go with the PET (plastic), Beerflo kegs or stainless steel.

while waiting for the Brewprints, read the manual a few times for familiarity, you can download it under Instructions in 101.

Cheers and keep the forum informed as you go. 

8 minutes ago, Timothy Maynard said:

Cheers to you too, Captain, and happy brew year!

I'm retired US Navy Commander. I should come up with a catchy nickname like you have.

Agree - happy wife, happy life.

Will read the manual and get bottles.

Agree, and I can tell you, brewing is a great retirement hobby.

Catchy name? “Droid Commander”? or “Commander of Droids”?

Cheers

6 hours ago, Timothy Maynard said:

Cheers to you too, Captain, and happy brew year!

I'm retired US Navy Commander. I should come up with a catchy nickname like you have.

Agree - happy wife, happy life.

Will read the manual and get bottles.

Welcome Timothy, you'll find a great community here with lots of help and encouragement available on your brewing journey. This is a brilliant system and you'll really enjoy your creations.

Fantastic advice from Captain 3 Droids; a very experienced brewer who almost always has all of the answers (although I've heard he's not a real Captain ... 😜

Brew your wife's favourite first. I did and now she's hooked and loves my beer. So much so that I've run out in the middle of an Australian Summer. First World problems!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Timothy Maynard said:

I have my brand new droid ready, waiting for a couple of brewprints to show up to give this can a try. I have an Irish Red Ale and a German Weissbier coming my way. Should I make my wife's preference or my preference first? Hmmm.

I don't have a keg, or bottles yet. I'm wondering what I should have ready. 

Wifes first, once she apreciates the brews and you say "we need a second droid" there will be no resistance

On 04/01/2021 at 5:15 PM, Captain 3 Droids said:

Agree, and I can tell you, brewing is a great retirement hobby.

Catchy name? “Droid Commander”? or “Commander of Droids”?

Cheers

I went with Commander Robo-Timo. There are shipping delays in USA, according to BrewArt website, so still waiting for brewprints. Considering alternatives. I have some barley, hops, and yeast around here somewhere. Might make my own wort.... 

3 hours ago, Commander Robo-Timo said:

I went with Commander Robo-Timo. There are shipping delays in USA, according to BrewArt website, so still waiting for brewprints. Considering alternatives. I have some barley, hops, and yeast around here somewhere. Might make my own wort.... 

Like the name Commander Robo-Timo. You can use any form of wort with the droid. Can you get the Mr Beer tins? (Do you have a homebrew store handy?) They make a good brew and can be made up to the 10l rather than the 8l with most recipes.

• Upvote 1

On 06/01/2021 at 2:28 PM, Captain 3 Droids said:

Like the name Commander Robo-Timo. You can use any form of wort with the droid. Can you get the Mr Beer tins? (Do you have a homebrew store handy?) They make a good brew and can be made up to the 10l rather than the 8l with most recipes.

Hey Captain. My brewprints have been shipped so I will wait for them to do the first brew properly with a print before experimenting. Yes, Mr Beer tins are available around here (Rhode Island USA). Are you suggesting the tins for an 8 Liter recipe can just have 2 additional liters of water, with all the same ingredients? Or maybe just use the droid up to the 8 liter mark? Thanks. Cheers  

2 hours ago, Commander Robo-Timo said:

Hey Captain. My brewprints have been shipped so I will wait for them to do the first brew properly with a print before experimenting. Yes, Mr Beer tins are available around here (Rhode Island USA). Are you suggesting the tins for an 8 Liter recipe can just have 2 additional liters of water, with all the same ingredients? Or maybe just use the droid up to the 8 liter mark? Thanks. Cheers  

Most of the Mr Beer recipes are fairly high in alcohol % at 8l so 10l is the way to go imo. However if you also add some extra  malt to the 10l the # increases as well. I also understand the droid functions are not designed for less than 9l. 

Ps there are also a number of Mr Beer recipes at 10l.

Cheers

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/01/2021 at 3:27 AM, Commander Robo-Timo said:

How’s your brewing going, got the BrewPrints yet.

Cheers

Captain!

What a coincidence. I just started my second Brewprint today, a German Weisbier. 

My first, Irish Red Ale, bottled up a few weeks ago, now it's almost gone. Up in RI we have snow, and with Covid, had a campfire, outdoor party. I say almost gone because I hid a few bottles away. 😂

Beerdroid is a wonderful tool. 

All the best,

Tim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 01/01/2021 at 8:46 AM, Captain 3 Droids said:

Hi all and a happy new year, let’s keep positive and make this a much better year.🍻🍾🍹.

Now for home truths. In 2020 I brewed a wonderful 1220 litres  of wonderful  beers. “Oh Captain 3 Droids” you might say. “You must have litres and litres of stock”. “Yes” I say, 110 litres. 🍻lol.

Now when adding up don’t count what’s in your droids now, just what you have brewed- keg and/or bottled in 2020.

4 x 10lt brews = 40lt since 20th Jan 2021. Another 2 x 10lt brewing.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1