New BeerDroid owner

Scott V

46 minutes ago, Scott V said:

First Brew... Ruby Porter

Welcome Scott.

The Ruby is a great beer. It has a vigorous fermentation so you will likely get some overflow from the overflow port on the left hand side of the BeerDroid. Put down some absorbent paper towels or something else to catch it.

There are threads on overflow in the forum with some ideas on how to manage it.

Lots of helpful members here, with great advice, don't hold back with any questions.

Look forward to hearing how it turns out, Cheers.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Scott V said:

Thanks my friend.. really liking the Droid..

I consider it to be a family member, not quite at the same level as the wife and kids but definitely above the dog, the dog who if he digs one more hole will no longer be of this earth but given his digging, I'm spoilt for choice of where to bury him when he does go.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Vivin Thomas Mathew said:

Ruby porter is an amazing brew.. My first experiment with brew-art. Good result enjoying my ruby porter..actually lacks a bit in body but still and amazing brew.

9577A364-14D2-478B-B165-CACAF1DA9EF2_1_201_a.heic 1.25 MB · 1 download

Welcome to the forum Vivian. Nice looking Ruby you have there in a very popular glass. How long has it been kegged for? and what’s brewing next?

Cheers

Hey Scotty and Vivian, 

Ruby Porter was my first go at the Brewart Porters and my first beer i knew I was on the right track, the taste of the porter rivals that you can buy in a shop. If you like that give the Shadow Hill Porter a run, better IMHO. 

And if you like dark beers give the Kremlin a go . An Imperial Stout, but a decent secondary and it is better then you can buy in a shop ( as per recipe is good but i laced some of mine with bourbon 😍

Welcome Scott V. I'm new myself. So new, I haven't even received a brewprint yet. I keep cleaning everything, polishing, waiting. I'm staring out my front window waiting for the delivery like a dog waiting for master to return home. I'm clearing room to store my bottles that will be filled with Irish Red Ale. I'm emptying my refrigerator of commercial beer. I can't wait!!! Like a child waiting for Santa Claus. 🎅

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Commander Robo-Timo said:

Welcome Scott V. I'm new myself. So new, I haven't even received a brewprint yet. I keep cleaning everything, polishing, waiting. I'm staring out my front window waiting for the delivery like a dog waiting for master to return home. I'm clearing room to store my bottles that will be filled with Irish Red Ale. I'm emptying my refrigerator of commercial beer. I can't wait!!! Like a child waiting for Santa Claus. 🎅

Welcome my brother... I’m waiting  on my first brew to finish fermentation... Ruby Porter...you’re gonna love this thing...

Edited by Scott V
  • Upvote 1

I have my first brew starting. It is Irish Red Ale. Using my App I started it as an "Ale" then, after a few hours, I realized I could have chosen the Irish Red Ale from my shelf. Because it was still in "Propagate," according to brew FAQs, I shut the process off, restarted with Irish Red Ale as what's brewing. I'm not sure how long it stays in Propagate, but its been 11 hours. No worries yet. 🍺

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Noob question.  
after brewing my first batch (Aztec-it’s awesome) my droid App seems to still think it’s brewing.   I can’t seem to make the droid “go idle” no matter turning on off resetting etc.  

I couldn’t wait and just manually started my second batch (Belgian lager) which is nearing finish (day 6). 

im assuming I’ll just have to remove the droid and start back from the beginning installing it as a new droid? 

anyone else have issues with the beer droid not going idle? And firmware upgrades?

EDA3ED24-E992-4097-9310-8D7FDACFBFB3.jpeg

8D55A435-3E25-4978-8BEF-0E9A7A9A2FA3.jpeg

7C944977-205A-4F07-AC18-679D6F545F85.jpeg

3 minutes ago, J P said:

Noob question.  
after brewing my first batch (Aztec-it’s awesome) my droid App seems to still think it’s brewing.   I can’t seem to make the droid “go idle” no matter turning on off resetting etc.  

I couldn’t wait and just manually started my second batch (Belgian lager) which is nearing finish (day 6). 

im assuming I’ll just have to remove the droid and start back from the beginning installing it as a new droid? 

anyone else have issues with the beer droid not going idle? And firmware upgrades?

EDA3ED24-E992-4097-9310-8D7FDACFBFB3.jpeg

8D55A435-3E25-4978-8BEF-0E9A7A9A2FA3.jpeg

7C944977-205A-4F07-AC18-679D6F545F85.jpeg

Interesting.

So as far as updates go, you need the droid on but not brewing, so next opportunity, please do., it takes like 2 mins to update.

As to the app, that's a good one, haven't seen that before so, you're special :). Think you're idea of deleting and reinstalling the app is sound...but I am four Stella glasses of beer in so maybe wait for confirmation on that one so you don't have to go "thanks you drunk idiot" and I say "yeah, I get that a bit" :)

• Haha 1

Hi @J P

The Captain is right, re-installing the app will not help. It seems that the Droid may have lost connectivity to the server and the server thinks it is still brewing and therefore wont let you upgrade the firmware.

If you follow these steps it should sort it self out, but wait til you're sober 🤣.

Power-On the Droid.

If the Droid display say's it is still in a Brewing program, then press the "X" button and then the "Tick" button to cancel the program.

Check that the Droid is connected to your Wi-Fi and the Server, the Wi-Fi and globe icons should be On and not flashing.

If the Wi-Fi icon is flashing, the Droid can't connect to your Wi-Fi, you will need to go through the Wi-Fi set up again.

If the Wi-Fi icon is On solid but the Globe icon is flashing contact technical support.

Once the Droid connects with the server in Idle mode, all will be good!

Good luck, let us know how it went.

Cheers.

• Thanks 1