Big Bear Imperial Brown Ale

Scott V

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

1565735599_brownipa.thumb.jpg.dbbd3a1d1998a0a1c17cef367eebb9eb.jpg

This is keg #2 at 4 months.

Keg #1 had an air leak and was foamy. Keg #2 has suffered the same fate unfortunately but there's nothing wrong with the beer, it's just pouring a little foamy.

This a strong brown IPAish kind of brown ale. Perfectly clear as usual, still hoppy but perhaps a little too boozy for me. Not sure whether I'd brew it again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Hey all,

I opened a bottle of the Big Bear today, after seven weeks secondary and thought it absolutely rocked. Probably my favorite brew print thus far, although given its high alcohol percentage probably will not be making it my got to brew, but will certainly be doing it again. i can see myself in a month or two, putting four or five bottles of of these in the fridge and sitting down to some footy, followed up by a very sound night's sleep.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Anthony Dalton said:

putting four or five bottles of of these in the fridge and sitting down to some footy, followed up by a very sound night's sleep.

“four or five bottles………..sitting down to…….., followed by a very sound night’s sleep”

I would suggest Anthony that the sleep may occur during the footy. 😴😴😴😴😴😴

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Anthony Dalton said:

Hey Captain,

I was expecting it to be dark and cloudy, but while it was definitely brown, it was relatively clear. How many times have you brewed it?

Sorry haven’t brewed this one, the high alcohol % has put me off a bit however I was thinking I my do it and bottle rather than keg and have for a winter night cap..

I would expect it to be brown with the X3 (Amber malt) and clear due to good fermentation and Y1 yeast.

• 1 month later...

Alright, you all reckon I couldn’t do it. Tonight I watched the Melbourne and Essendon game. Then I followed most of the Adelaide versus Port game down to the thrilling finale, all the time watching the South Africa v Bangladesh Test Match. While doing so I drank 4 bottles of the Big Bear Imperial Ale and  two bottles of the Polski Baltic Porter. I am now contemplating  what to drink next. Yes Captain, I am well and truly awake. Give me inspiration my friend.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Anthony Dalton said:

Alright, you all reckon I couldn’t do it. Tonight I watched the Melbourne and Essendon game. Then I followed most of the Adelaide versus Port game down to the thrilling finale, all the time watching the South Africa v Bangladesh Test Match. While doing so I drank 4 bottles of the Big Bear Imperial Ale and  two bottles of the Polski Baltic Porter. I am now contemplating  what to drink next. Yes Captain, I am well and truly awake. Give me inspiration my friend.

legendary GIF