BrewArt Official - AUS Facebook Group

Eltham Brauhaus

20 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

I get the feeling they're just taking back all the facebook folks at the other group and having them under the Brewart banner. Smart move from Brewart but I'm not interested in doing Facebook so happy to stay here

I did this post earlier on
https://community.brewart.com/topic/632-brewart-official-facebook-site/?do=getNewComment

12 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

I did see that but you know @Eltham Brewing House rarely gets a good thread in ( that sounds far worse than I imagined...but I'm not changing it) so I thought I'd go with that one

Will be interesting but running two formates is unusual? Had to laugh at one part of the promo “Get the Right Advice” hope that’s a reference to the unofficial Facebook group cause we are all dam good here 😂😂👍

26 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Will be interesting but running two formates is unusual? Had to laugh at one part of the promo “Get the Right Advice” hope that’s a reference to the unofficial Facebook group cause we are all dam good here 😂😂👍

In these days businesses see a social media presence as a positive. I mean, it is a double edged sword when it comes to criticism but it is something they are willing to absorb to have that presence. Having an unnoficial Facebook site hurts the brand so I can understand the move, that way they can control the information and the people posting to an extent, I mean they are posting about Brewarts product.

This forum rocks bigtime and is a template for all brewing forums, helpful, respectful and fun.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rob Courtney said:

I did see that but you know @Eltham Brewing House rarely gets a good thread in ( that sounds far worse than I imagined...but I'm not changing it) so I thought I'd go with that one

What does "rarely get a good thread in" mean? Its appears to be a little insulting or am I wrong. I just commented that I had join the BrewArt Facebook group. I do not understand why the criticism Rob

16 minutes ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

What does "rarely get a good thread in" mean? Its appears to be a little insulting or am I wrong. I just commented that I had join the BrewArt Facebook group. I do not understand why the criticism Rob

I’m sure Rob wasn’t meaning to be insulting. As I see it he was referring to a “thread” (new topic heading for discussion) not “posts” as done in threads. I had opened a Thread on the same issue and what Rob was trying to say was he’d respond to your thread and not mine as you don’t get many opportunities to do a thread as us other buggers tend to get in first.

Im sure Rob will respond when he reads it.

Cheers

Edited by Captain 3 Droids

5 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Seriously not meaning to be insulting. I ummed and ahhed about just deleting the post but there was part of me that went "he's in the in crowd, we rib each other" and when I thought that, I was happy to leave the post as I thought it was funny. If you want me to delete it, happy to delete it than offend you

Rob, I am ex Army and they have a saying that " You shouldn't have joined if you can't take a joke" So no problem.

Edited by Eltham Brewing House
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

I mean, I have written a lot of comedy in my time, for a bunch of people. I ummed and ahhed on whether to post that line and I guessed I thought of it as an in joke between people  who know each other. There was no disrespect meant, absolutely not

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Smart move from Brewart but I'm not interested in doing Facebook so happy to stay here

Got that email today too.

Yep.  I have some pretty serious qualms about Facebook (and its ethics) and I avoid it assiduously.  I'd rather Facebook users get pointed here.  Do I really have to sell my soul to Mark Zuckerberg just to pick up tips on how to get the most out my Beer Droid?  I hope the FB thing doesn't undermine this place.

On a serious note, those social media platforms do come and go over time.   Consider MySpace.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, dcm said:

Got that email today too.

Yep.  I have some pretty serious qualms about Facebook (and its ethics) and I avoid it assiduously.  I'd rather Facebook users get pointed here.  Do I really have to sell my soul to Mark Zuckerberg just to pick up tips on how to get the most out my Beer Droid?  I hope the FB thing doesn't undermine this place.

On a serious note, those social media platforms do come and go over time.   Consider MySpace.

Yeah, I'm a fan about forums too

• Upvote 1

Good to see I'm not the only one who doesn't use facebook, I to use plenty of forums. Just not on Facebook. Every one to there own. I like the advice I get from the regulars here, The captain, Rob "the ale drinker killer" Courtney , Dustin the IPA king and co. Feels more like a droid family here.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Robert Pretty said:

Good to see I'm not the only one who doesn't use facebook, I to use plenty of forums. Just not on Facebook. Every one to there own. I like the advice I get from the regulars here, The captain, Rob "the ale drinker killer" Courtney , Dustin the IPA king and co. Feels more like a droid family here.

I’m with you and as said before don’t use/like Facebook. Although I will not be responding I will admit I joined the Official site only so every now and again I can just see that we are not missing out on any BrewArt promotions, news ect as the promo for one mentions First Release Brewprints. I will of course report on that here. 

The people that are/have/will used this forum I feel have value. Good info, no crap, no abuse, good banter and topics are neatly layed out and it is fairly easy to find information. Response times to people’s enquires etc are in general quite quick. I also like the international input from mainly America and Canada.

So unless this forum is dropped (doubt it now) I’m here for the long haul.

Cheers to all and have a great Easter break.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This is by far the superior platform and the people here are great. Even that @Rob Courtney bloke (hey I was in your hood briefly today 👋 what a top day in the SE!) 

I haven’t had a real Facebook account since about 2008 but I do have a username on there for the Brewart unofficial group and for access to buy bulk hops from a bloke in Melbourne. 

I’ll join the offical Brewart group because I believe in, am invested in, and support this product and the people behind it.

I have learned some good stuff from the unofficial group and there’s also some postive contributors there, but it’s been going through a bit of a product bashing phase of late and is getting somewhat tiring.