Wazza's Droid's Wake

Dustin Frothman

Sc Sorry For Your Loss GIF

In light of the very sad news of the passing of @Wazza_wantsbeer's beloved Droid this morning I feel it's appropriate to take a few moments this afternoon to remember him.

He was a good little Droid; determined and faithful, just wanting to complete a brew quietly and efficiently like he had been born to do.

He never complained; lest Wazza press his little buttons or open his little lid again. His life was short, productive and sweet.

The poor little guy was rarely afforded any privacy; that big pink eye staring through his viewing window at all hours of the day checking up on his work. Always pushing; rarely satisfied. But alas that little Droid brewed on and on; even when Wazza was beginning to lose faith.

The poor little guy hadn't been well of late. A nasty infection set in and Wazza, being the devoted father he is, threw everything at his mate to try and make him better again. Even when the barrage of bleach and antibacterials made him feel worse he didn't complain and was dutifully back at it just days later, ready to work on Wazza's latest hazy creation.

But sadly there's only so much a little Droid can bear. That fast paced Sydney life, that Nespresso machine nearby pretending to make "coffee", the humidity, those aggressive yeast strains and a high alcohol content eventually took their toll.

And so the poor little guy gave his final CO2 belch this morning before quietly slipping off into an eternal slumber.

We'll miss the little guy. There's rumours of stainless steel, glycol and tri-clover clamps waiting in the wings to replace him, but his memory will forever live on.

So raise your glass to Wazza's little Droid. X1 to E5, Y3 to D4. We will remember him.

Edited by Dustin Frothman
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

That.

Is.

Simply.

Brilliant!

Thank you @Dustin Frothman, it had me laughing and crying at the same time.

I'm sure going to miss you little Droid buddy, I know it wasn't easy for you but you did the best you could in your short time on this here mortal coil.

I raise a glass to you, the contents of which are the last beer you produced... 🍺

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

"that Nespresso machine nearby pretending to make "coffee""

Worse was that Nescafe machine that made "Instant coffee cappucinnos"    This is not a joke, it sold for 100 bucks and I never really knew why...

Nescafe MyCafe Gold ,Cappuccino, Latte, Sparkling Coffee, Espresso...

All I’ll say is that I work with supposedly intelligent people that drink the “coffee” served by our employer.

🤮

• 3 weeks later...

So, Liam got me a temporary replacement Droid and sent it on the 11th of March.

It arrived in Sydney on the 14th of March, all good so far right...

But wait, the journey doesn't stop their for my new little Droid.

Still on the 14th AusPost decided that it needed to return to Adelaide even though it hadn't made to Lane Cove. On the 16th it arrived in Torrensville SA where it sat until the 19th when it has now started a journey back to Sydney. 

Currently the little Droid is sitting at Sunshine West in Victoria after arriving this morning and is now waiting on the next leg of it's journey.

Where it goes from here is anyone's guess!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Wazza_wantsbeer said:

Another update.

The new little Droid arrived in Sydney yesterday but hasn't moved since and is just sitting at the main Chullora processing warehouse.

Same place it got to on it's first trip to Sydney. Let's see if it moves out of there or returns to Adelaide.

Waiting with baited breath...  🥱

It may be trying to join 3 other Adelaide Droids

06D6F576-D838-425B-BA7A-263039CA45FC.thumb.jpeg.4d5ea0c70cdbba0f495338814c427bcf.jpeg

• Haha 1

Update...

WOO HOO, it has arrived!!!

Crazy stuff, the AusPost App didn't update at all until after it was delivered.

I was expecting another delivery today that the AusPost App was tracking from Hop and Grain and when I got the buzz from the Postie, I went downstairs and there it was, the Hop and Grain delivery sitting on top of a much bigger box that was clearly the new Droid.

Okay sweet.

So now to figure out what goes in next... Haha, I already know, another Cider for the wife, this time not so "rockety".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Now get the cider on, hops in the fridge. Move it Wazza.😀

Got the Droid soaking with the cleansing tablets so once those 2 hours are done, Will fill with Apple Juice, adding 250g Dextrose and half a teaspoon of yeast nutrient.

Going with different apple juice this time and a different yeast. Stay tuned for a more detailed post in the appropriate thread  :D

1 minute ago, Wazza_wantsbeer said:

Got the Droid soaking with the cleansing tablets so once those 2 hours are done, Will fill with Apple Juice, adding 250g Dextrose and half a teaspoon of yeast nutrient.

Going with different apple juice this time and a different yeast. Stay tuned for a more detailed post in the appropriate thread  :D

Wazza my friend after the 2 hrs you should sanitise before filling with Apple juice. Now I know the cleansing tabs are cleaner and kinder sanitiser however play safe. 
Changing the recipe! The wife loved your last lot, don’t push it 🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Wazza_wantsbeer said:

Update...

WOO HOO, it has arrived!!!

Crazy stuff, the AusPost App didn't update at all until after it was delivered.

I was expecting another delivery today that the AusPost App was tracking from Hop and Grain and when I got the buzz from the Postie, I went downstairs and there it was, the Hop and Grain delivery sitting on top of a much bigger box that was clearly the new Droid.

Okay sweet.

So now to figure out what goes in next... Haha, I already know, another Cider for the wife, this time not so "rockety".

Great news! 🥳

• Like 1