AFL 2022

Dustin Frothman

Footy is baaaaaaaaaaack!

Long suffering Carlton supporter, resident of the Port Adelaide heartland ... and yet I'm still bloody excited.

It'll be a disappointing season again for the Blues because who knows what bloody Voss will try to get them to do, but hopefully Port will do alright because if they don't this year then surely their window has closed.

Adelaide Crows ... what are they? Aren't they a made up state side? Camry Crows wasn't it? 😬 I can't wait for that first Showdown!

SANFL should be good this year too. I guess I better get on the Westies again.

Hopeful of getting to a game or two this year as well. There's nothing quite like a warm $12 West End and a cold Balfours ...

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Footy is baaaaaaaaaaack!

Long suffering Carlton supporter, resident of the Port Adelaide heartland ... and yet I'm still bloody excited.

It'll be a disappointing season again for the Blues because who knows what bloody Voss will try to get them to do, but hopefully Port will do alright because if they don't this year then surely their window has closed.

Adelaide Crows ... what are they? Aren't they a made up state side? Camry Crows wasn't it? 😬 I can't wait for that first Showdown!

SANFL should be good this year too. I guess I better get on the Westies again.

Hopeful of getting to a game or two this year as well. There's nothing quite like a warm $12 West End and a cold Balfours ...

I will reply! 

• Haha 1

G'day Dustin,

I am looking forward to the footy as well. My Dog's play tonight. I reckon Carlton will be not too bad this year, last season they showed the odd glimpse of something promising. Sadly am working tomorrow and Friday, so  can't quite enjoy the first two games of the round as much as I will sitting down to the Pies and Saints on Friday while christening a keg of Lighthouse Pacific Pale.

Cheers!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Anthony Dalton said:

G'day Dustin,

I am looking forward to the footy as well. My Dog's play tonight. I reckon Carlton will be not too bad this year, last season they showed the odd glimpse of something promising. Sadly am working tomorrow and Friday, so  can't quite enjoy the first two games of the round as much as I will sitting down to the Pies and Saints on Friday while christening a keg of Lighthouse Pacific Pale.

Cheers!

Stick to the Lighthouse, ha Dogs, sympathy for Carlton! Anthony, just watch the Crows. 😁🍻

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Anthony Dalton said:

G'day Dustin,

Cheers!

I reckon your dogs will go alright this year Anthony. 👍

The last time Carlton did anything decent was in 2011 when they beat Essendon in the finals just before I left Melbourne to move to Adelaide. Thankfully a mate got me a seat in the members that day.

Other than watching some individual brilliance it's been fairly miserable for us since! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Robert Pretty said:

@Wazza_wantsbeer, I was like you a Rugby and League Fan being a Sydney boy. Now I'm a Swans fan as one of my best mates sons plays for them. Still don't understand all the rules. The only game in the word were you get a point for missing.

To be honest, I also follow the Swans, just don't tell them South Australians 🤫

I also dont get all the rules and the game just seems so unnatural to me as someone who still plays Rugby, Golden Oldies, but still Rugby.

15 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

I think your Crows may have been swooped by some Magpies today?

Yes too many turn overs. As a true supporter - the bloody MCG Collingwood home ground that interstate sides rarely play on, VIC umpires, VIC commentators, fire alarm when we were in attack, different grass than we are used too, and Nathan Buckley in full Collingwood commentary support. Other than that we played xxxx house.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Yes too many turn overs. As a true supporter - the bloody MCG Collingwood home ground that interstate sides rarely play on, VIC umpires, VIC commentators, fire alarm when we were in attack, different grass than we are used too, and Nathan Buckley in full Collingwood commentary support. Other than that we played **** house.

Beautifully said, you’re speaking some very fluent Crows there.

• Haha 1