AFL 2022

Dustin Frothman

5 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Showdown next week! 🥳

Can’t wait.

Imagine the turnovers in that game!!!

To give you an idea about today my wife says "going to walk into town to take the kids shopping for clothes, you stay and watch the football"

And I grabbed my wallet and face mask and said "F&$K watching that game, watching my kids be annoying in public will be far less painful and embarrassing than watching those c*$&s  

Edited by Rob Courtney

24 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

@Captain 3 Droids & @Rob Courtney

Showdown #1 barely hours away.

I reckon your boys have got this one tonight.

Two teams with no gameplans, no confidence and no wins

Must watch television. 

Honestly, it is games like this that make you think "really should get that ironing done and out of the way"

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Two teams with no gameplans, no confidence and no wins

Must watch television. 

Honestly, it is games like this that make you think "really should get that ironing done and out of the way"

Now you know what it has been like being a Carlton supporter for the last 27* years ...

* To be fair we were pretty good in 2011 and it was bloody unreal smacking the Dons in that final.

Edited by Dustin Frothman
typos give me the irrits
  • Haha 1

I'm just over the whole "so we have drafted young mids and our  midfield gets consistently pantsed but we won't run any of those young mds through there, they have to learn how to be a forward pocket until they are fit enough to play in the middle.

Not sure why we are rebuilding if we are not actually rebuilding, we just seem keen to limit the losses and hopefully jag a few games along the way

5 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

I'm just over the whole "so we have drafted young mids and our  midfield gets consistently pantsed but we won't run any of those young mds through there, they have to learn how to be a forward pocket until they are fit enough to play in the middle.

Not sure why we are rebuilding if we are not actually rebuilding, we just seem keen to limit the losses and hopefully jag a few games along the way

Swans were out played by the Bulldogs last night. The better team won. Can handle that. I'm usually not one to say anything about the umpiring. 31-9 free kicks ????

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

I'm sure that you already know this, but in the modern game where clubs are run as businesses, rebuilds are unpopular as they cost membership and attendance dollars.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

I'm sure that you already know this, but in the modern game where clubs are run as businesses, rebuilds are unpopular as they cost membership and attendance dollars.

Done well it works though. It wasn't really all long ago when the Eagles tanked the second half of a poor season, got the wooden spoon and came back the next year to take the flag

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Benoz said:

Done well it works though. It wasn't really all long ago when the Eagles tanked the second half of a poor season, got the wooden spoon and came back the next year to take the flag

True.

Probably works better in 2 team cities with a captive audience like WA and SA.

Doesn't explain why Port and the Crows can't quite get it right though.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Big game of footy this afternoon @Captain 3 Droids & @Rob Courtney!!

Yes will, should be.

The big disappointment is the treatment of non Victorian sides, it’s Mothers Day, a Sunday and at around 4 pm in the afternoon.(twice now this year on a sunday at 4pm) This time slot should have been for two VIC sides. Other issues Power in Cairns, Crows Ballarat last week and so on. 

12 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Yes will, should be.

The big disappointment is the treatment of non Victorian sides, it’s Mothers Day, a Sunday and at around 4 pm in the afternoon.(twice now this year on a sunday at 4pm) This time slot should have been for two VIC sides. Other issues Power in Cairns, Crows Ballarat last week and so on. 

There’s no agenda against “non Victorian sides”.

Someone’s got to play that time slot. The Bulldogs did it almost weekly for years.

I can’t see why it should be two Victorian teams and fail to see what Mothers Day has to do with it. The game starts at 4pm and to the best of my knowledge people usually go out for Mothers Day lunch.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

There’s no agenda against “non Victorian sides”.

Someone’s got to play that time slot. The Bulldogs did it almost weekly for years.

I can’t see why it should be two Victorian teams and fail to see what Mothers Day has to do with it. The game starts at 4pm and to the best of my knowledge people usually go out for Mothers Day lunch.

All I’m saying is if they had swapped swapped with the 12.40pm slot, besides the two VIC clubs being able to celebrate Mother’s Day am and after the late afternoon match, the Crows players and staff could be home in Adelaide for the evening. Would make sense to me.

Now let’s face it, it’s not the AFL, it’s the VFL with invited guests. Everybody or nearly all outside Victoria know of the bias, like the use of the MCG, the 50+ years the Grand Final must been played there, and the Anzac Day match, always for ever Collingwood and Essendon, not the grand finalists of the previous year? Ha.😀

5 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

All I’m saying is if they had swapped swapped with the 12.40pm slot, besides the two VIC clubs being able to celebrate Mother’s Day am and after the late afternoon match, the Crows players and staff could be home in Adelaide for the evening. Would make sense to me.

Now let’s face it, it’s not the AFL, it’s the VFL with invited guests. Everybody or nearly all outside Victoria know of the bias, like the use of the MCG, the 50+ years the Grand Final must been played there, and the Anzac Day match, always for ever Collingwood and Essendon, not the grand finalists of the previous year? Ha.😀

They’re twenty-something year old professional sports people earning on average $250,000 a year to kick a ball around. Hallmark Holidays are a small price to pay for the privilege of the being in the job. 

I work Saturdays, Sundays, Public Holidays, Christmas Day, New Years Day. Boo hoo; no one cries me a river.

As for the rest - seriously?

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

They’re twenty-something year old professional sports people earning on average $250,000 a year to kick a ball around. Hallmark Holidays are a small price to pay for the privilege of the being in the job. 

I work Saturdays, Sundays, Public Holidays, Christmas Day, New Years Day. Boo hoo; no one cries me a river.

As for the rest - seriously?

No need to comment further, our thoughts obviously differ.

Someone is up and about today :)

Shouldn't even be a close match, Carlton should win but I just want to see us bring some competitive spirit to the game.

As for the boo hoo towards the GF being at the MCG for the next 50 years...tyeah, that sucks as it was a deal done on the AFL having a government commit to building a stadium for them, so the AFL get their stadium and the other teams suck it up. It was a corrupt deal but nothing that is a surprise from Vlad and Hamish over the years

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Someone is up and about today :)

Shouldn't even be a close match, Carlton should win but I just want to see us bring some competitive spirit to the game.

Not at all mate.

I was keen to highlight what I think will be a good game of football this afternoon and I reckon the Crows will be more competitive than you might expect. Being Carlton, almost anything could happen.

Sadly the massive South Australian shoulder chip came out and there was a sook about issues that are essentially non existent.

You South Aussies seriously have no idea how good you have it here. Stop your bloody whinging!

8 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

seriously have no idea how good you have it here.

What’s that got to do with these discussions?

8 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Stop your bloody whinging!

I’m not WOKE, I allow people to have opinions that don’t agree with mine. So I’ll stop whinging, “don’t cry me a river”.

Depends which team turns up today, the "no sir after you"  Crows from last week or the ones that played the week before. We are still a project in the works because finally, we have acknowledged that we can't play with Sloane or Crouch in the middle. The game has gotten faster and if you are going to be...well not fast, you can't be 180cms and 81kgs, you need to be 193cms and 93kgs. We do noit have that 190+ player ready yet but we can put more pace in there which should be interesting but may not come off this week. My fear is that we get smashed in the guts today and the coaches immediately hit the panic button and bring Crouch back in.

I understand it is a harsh call on an AA player but it is the right one. Laird plays his role (accumulator) and frankly, does it much better. If the Crows are going to take that next step, we need to start blooding more youngsters through the CBAs (centre bounce attendances) because we are currently the worst in the league at it and that isn't developing anybody.

Hopefully Tex kicks a dozen today though, just love the guy and get really narky when people have a go at him because he isn't the smartest person in the world...you only had to look at him to see that but he can footy

• Like 1