Stone and wood

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

@J P,

I have brewed Stone and Wood Pacific Ale several times with the recommended D7 dry hops addition.  This is equivalent to 25g of Galaxy.  It could use more hops.  But 50g each of Galaxy and Idaho 7 basically quadruples the original hops recommendation.

I like your idea, but I plan to use 30g of Galaxy and 30g of either Citra or Mosaic.  (I don't have any Idaho 7.)  Then I'll increase it if my taste buds allow it.

Thanks for the info.  I'm always looking for more brewing options.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Been a while since I made this and only did so because I made the Aus Lager and had to change what I could brew, had a Y2 left over and thought, why not?

3 weeks in, just banging, great start to a night of drinking on the back of a 41 degree day (106F). Probably needs one more week to be a perfect match but it is extremely close now, really nice.

I just did this one with 20gms of Galaxy @Steve Gyldenvand this is one to give a go to. As I remember with these, it drinks best in the 4-6 week stage 

IMG_1858.jpg

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Been a while since I made this and only did so because I made the Aus Lager and had to change what I could brew, had a Y2 left over and thought, why not?

3 weeks in, just banging, great start to a night of drinking on the back of a 41 degree day (106F). Probably needs one more week to be a perfect match but it is extremely close now, really nice.

I just did this one with 20gms of Galaxy @Steve Gyldenvand this is one to give a go to. As I remember with these, it drinks best in the 4-6 week stage 

It's going on my next order, Rob. Thanks for the tip!

• 2 weeks later...

The picture I attached to this thread is a screenshot I took a long time ago.

I just purchased the exact ingredients that captain 3 droids mentioned. 

I'm curious to know if anyone else has made this and what alcohol percentage does it turn out to be? I got some dextrose in the order in case the alcohol percentage is lower than my liking. 

It seems that captain 3 droids hasn't been around here for a while so I may not get anScreenshot_20240106_142757_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.d3a548cec2338124ed841201df94c02a.jpg answer from him. 

Hi Nick. An easy way to estimate approximate end ABV is to add the number of elements and enhancers - Es and Xs - and add about another .5. This one, with 2xE1, 2xE5, and 1xX1, would yield about a 5.5% ABV. 

As for the Captain, it has been discussed at some length here in the past year. I actually joined the community just a day or 2 after his last post. It didn't take long for his absence to become apparent. When concern for his welfare grew and his absence was inquired about, the Brewart team reached out to him privately. In turn, they notified us they he was okay, but had decided to step back from the community. The general attitude here is one of gratitude for his generous contributions over the years, and well wishes for the future. 

Meanwhile, others here have been making a noble effort to fill the void. @Rob Courtney, we're looking at you!

Slainte!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

@Steve Gyldenvand

Thanks for that very helpful information. That is interesting to know. I will keep this in mind if or when making other custom brews.

It's a shame that Captain left the community. Rob is a very good contributor to this community and probably does the most out of everyone else. He's much appreciated. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, sssibbbaaa said:

Keen to try this. Love stone & wood! Is it just on the ale setting or custom? 

You could custom it if you wanted to dry hop it like other Ales 22, 18, 4, 18. I did it on Ale as I dry hop at EOF but keep in mind, I may be the only person who does it that way, personal preference

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...