Stone and wood

1 minute ago, Paul84 said:

Awesome mate , so you cant see any issue with the age of them?. i should think they would be alright as they are 2018 and 2019 vintages, so i think they must have a decent shelf life 🤣

They certainly should be ok, I assume the fridge is around 4C, you extract most of the o2, all good to me.

• Upvote 1

Yep i think my fridge sits between 2 and 4 degrees to ensure the beers stay cold. Also no food goes in there so no worrying about transient odours. No worries i will be adding them to my stone ans wood this afternoon 🤘🤘🤘

6 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Awesome mate , so you cant see any issue with the age of them?. i should think they would be alright as they are 2018 and 2019 vintages, so i think they must have a decent shelf life 🤣

To help ease you mind

So, how long do hop pellets last? When properly vacuum-sealed, hop pellets should retain their flavor and bitterness for up to five years in the freezer, two to four years inside the fridge, and about four weeks at room temperature. After that, the flavor and aroma will start to degrade noticeably.l

• Upvote 2

Just now, Dustin Frothman said:

@Paul84 Get yourself a food vacuum sealing machine and buy your hops in bulk.

I have a freezer full of hops all packaged up and ready to go. It certainly makes things easy from a both an economy and freshness perspective.

Yeah this is on my things to do list 🤣. So many things on that list though . Would be nice to do my own 50gr packs for hopping . 

17 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

I know the feeling.

If you do go down that path I can recommend this unit:

https://www.luvele.com.au/collections/vacuum-sealers/products/luvele-supreme-vacuum-sealer

I got this one, has some really good features and has worked well on all my vac seal requirements.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vacuum-Food-Sealer-Dry-Moisture-Machine-Storage-Sous-Vide-Fresh-Kitchen-Bag-Roll-/132737251122?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286 and $10 off using voucher see pic

E970986C-1523-4946-A801-0361815069B0.thumb.png.84891eb5db439d7dcaf296b3e97966ec.png

Edited by Captain 3 Droids
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

I got this one, has some really good features and has worked well on all my vac seal requirements.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vacuum-Food-Sealer-Dry-Moisture-Machine-Storage-Sous-Vide-Fresh-Kitchen-Bag-Roll-/132737251122?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

E970986C-1523-4946-A801-0361815069B0.thumb.png.84891eb5db439d7dcaf296b3e97966ec.png

Great price!

They're probably made in the same factory. 🤨

• Haha 1

So not sure how this will go . Kegged this after 4 days of DH . Not a "bad" taste to it . Fruity/alcohol underneath but very woody/earthy top notes , so not sure if the hops have added to that . Will leave it 4 weeks and give it a taste 🤷‍♂️

13 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

So not sure how this will go . Kegged this after 4 days of DH . Not a "bad" taste to it . Fruity/alcohol underneath but very woody/earthy top notes , so not sure if the hops have added to that . Will leave it 4 weeks and give it a taste 🤷‍♂️

Sounds right, the woody/earthy top notes will dissipate as the ale matures and the fruitiness of the Galaxy will strengthen.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...