BrewArt App Update Suggestions

Deeks

I just thought it would be a good  to share ideas about future updates that BrewArt can make to the app.

I have previously emailed BrewArt tech about these suggestions which they have added to their list for the next app update but thought it would be good to share them here for everyone to see.

My sugestions are:

In the brew staus remove the ability to change target temp since I find that I always press this accidently when viewing the brew staus. It would be good to have this option somewhere in the settings to turn this off.

Allow the Brew Journal to be editted so that you can delete brews that weren't able to be completed or failed in the BeerDroid and also be able to add brews which were started using the BeerDroid instead of the app.

It would also be good if BrewArt can link the Brew Journal to our profiles on this forum.

10 minutes ago, Darren Keech said:

I'll second all of the above, I'm forever hitting the the change target temp :)

Even removing a brew, I started one by accident when I first got the unit so I knew what to expect but now find I can't remove it.

+1

I had the issue of a brew still "brewing" even though the Droid shat itself 2 hours in and had to be replaced.

I set up the new unit as a different Droid, but the initial Droid still appeared and was brewing. No way to delete it.

but a few days ago I got a message that the Droid had lost contact with the server. No identification of which Droid, but when I checked the old Droid had changed status to "idle".

This enabled me to delete the Droid.

Now I have had no message from BrewArt that they had done anything so I'm assuming the brew eventually just stopped. It was over three weeks "brewing" after all.

Not ideal, but looks like breaking the link to the server may be the solution. Uninstall the app maybe. 

It would be good if the BrewArt app could record the fermentation times and the amount of time the keg had been conditioned before it was used in the Brew Journal for each BrewPrint.

I would also like to see a rating being given for each brew out of 10 which will help to know which BrewPrints you have previously enjoyed more so you will be able to look back when deciding what you want to brew or order in the future.

I currently put all this info into the notes for each BrewPrint in the Brew Journal but it would be nice to have this feature built into the app.

How about a link from the app to this forum or even a seperate app for this forum? 

Also, sometimes when I keg  I forget to move to kegged so the elapsed time isn't recorded and there is no way to manually enter the start time. Maybe an option to manually adjust length of time for secondary fermentation (some brews respond better to a longer secondary) and an alert at set time. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I would imagine it would take a bit of work to do these updates to the app and they may not have the resources to do it just yet but at least BrewArt can read these posts to get some ideas for when they do eventually update the app.

I'm actually pretty happy with the way the app is now so if they do update it I will be even happier.

On 25/01/2017 at 8:27 PM, Pursya said:

I had the issue of a brew still "brewing" even though the Droid shat itself 2 hours in and had to be replaced.

I set up the new unit as a different Droid, but the initial Droid still appeared and was brewing. No way to delete it.

but a few days ago I got a message that the Droid had lost contact with the server. No identification of which Droid, but when I checked the old Droid had changed status to "idle".

This enabled me to delete the Droid.

Now I have had no message from BrewArt that they had done anything so I'm assuming the brew eventually just stopped. It was over three weeks "brewing" after all.

Not ideal, but looks like breaking the link to the server may be the solution. Uninstall the app maybe. 

Just updating this. wouldn't let me edit the original post.

I have checked my phone and I did indeed get a notification from Brewart that they had modified the app so that my dead droid could be removed.

Thanks to all at Brewart for their hard work.

• 1 month later...

Archived