English Pub Draught

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 29/04/2019 at 2:24 PM, Barrelboy said:

. Is this a drop an Englishman drinks? Anyone else brew it?

Can't remember exactly what the taste of beer was like for English draught...it was a blur, a real blur last time.

Given that, I find it easier to compare it against an Australian draught, like Carlton...and when you do that, well it is English Pub first and daylight making up the next four places

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Can't remember exactly what the taste of beer was like for English draught...it was a blur, a real blur last time.

Given that, I find it easier to compare it against an Australian draught, like Carlton...and when you do that, well it is English Pub first and daylight making up the next four places

You can say that again. Correct again with the $17 beers. I find all the recipes end up being a reasonable price for the quality.

1 minute ago, Barrelboy said:

You can say that again. Correct again with the $17 beers. I find all the recipes end up being a reasonable price for the quality.

Yeah, I haven't regretted purchasing Brewart...or the second droid. I'm not sure if you have had the pleasure of drinking an "Iron Jack" but they are selling it at 40-50 bucks a carton. ( I bought a $4 pint when I took my kids to a pub that has a playground...say no more...whilst the wife was up marking yr 12 exams...and it was a disgrace...and they sell pallets of the stuff.)

All of the 17 dollar beers dance all over the top of standard beers, let alone Iron Jack, it has made the purchase of the 2 droids, all worthwhile. I  have found  I have to go to more pricey beers to get the same quality and taste

• Upvote 1

Th be honest besides the huge expense, I generally find pub beers on tap hard to drink. Usually I’ll buy a stubbie of Coopers Pale Ale or try some exotic craft crap so I can brag about my own a bit more.

SA’s West End Draught on tap (or in the can/bottle) isn’t fit to be called a beer, it even smells like crap.

Edited by Barrelboy

On 23/07/2019 at 9:08 PM, Barrelboy said:

Th be honest besides the huge expense, I generally find pub beers on tap hard to drink. Usually I’ll buy a stubbie of Coopers Pale Ale or try some exotic craft crap so I can brag about my own a bit more.

SA’s West End Draught on tap (or in the can/bottle) isn’t fit to be called a beer, it even smells like crap.

Pub Beers on tap are shocking. Particularly where I live, it is Northern, Dry, maybe Draught or Pale. It really annoys me because I think back to 10 years back, walking in Sydney, shopping with the wife and she said "next pub, lets get you a beer or two" as she does...and it was a bit dank but the selection of tap beers was sensational...actually had three pints as that was the best I could narrow it down, I mean these guys had Kozel on tap at a stage that we barely had it in SA in bottles. In fact, there are so many beers you see on tap or in bottles that sell by the pallet and all I can think is " that stuff is shite, even my worse effort brewing ( and my first couple we kinda OK) with 2 weeks secondary had this stuff covered

Anyways, just pulled first pint of keg with 9 weeks and just a treat, it is a bloody nice beer

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Great value, that’s 13 x 375mm stubbies for $9, ha can’t get that a Dan’s. 

Yeah, has seen me through the weekend, about 11 pints, maybe 12 ( sort of like the Dirty Harry speech " In all this commotion, I'm not sure whether I drank 11 or 12 pints,") Which for less than a tenner, is just good fun and good value.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 15/08/2019 at 10:35 PM, Barrelboy said:

With the extra X5 be good to put a way for a while, be a nice treat and surprise later on.

7 weeks in and I pulled a pub draught with the extra X5.

Actually, I think that has made it better, that is a really, really nice beer, almost craft beer like 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

4 weeks down the track, had another stubbie and yeah, really nice without any extras, prefer it with an extra X5 in it. Had it tonight with shop bought fish and chips with a home made Tartare sauce. Could have only have gotten better if my wife had said "Elle Mcpherson needs somewhere to crash tonight and we do have a pretty big bed"

• Haha 3